BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After giving my baby her first detail, I installed the Piaa Turn Signal and Sidemarker bulbs with the foglights.

The bulbs emit a nice white light when on. When they are off they fill the clear lens with a cool blue light. :thumb:

Here are some pics (I'm having problems with the free server I'm using so I have to post one at a time).

Rear Off. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
You're going to get a lot of $hit from this board about the bulbs. We are, in general, a very law-abiding group, and therefore, don't stand for modifications that in any way jeopardize the safety of your car on the road.

Get some Silvervisions that blink amber to get rid of the egg-yolk look in the clears, don't put PIAA's in. Having a white light at the rear of your car that isn't a reverse light is illegal. Same with the front. By law, they have to flash amber. The sidemarker can be white, but if the other's are amber, why bother? It will just look odd. You should have seen the following Geomax got after putting in some xenon bulbs in his sidemarkers for the hell of it.

Trust me on this one, you don't want to waste your time and money on a pointless ticket such as the one these lights will give you.

My $0.04 Canadian.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I second Mystikal's post. If the mod is superficial AND unoriginal, it would probably go over better at the fanatics board. Not that every mod you hear of over there fits this description, just that they seem to be more of the 'me too!'/'hey look at me!' type than people here. :dunno:

--SONET

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Mystikal said:
Trust me on this one, you don't want to waste your time and money on a pointless ticket such as the one these lights will give you.
Agreed.

But hey, I think ambers just look better, personally.

As far as the board is concerned, hey, everyone's welcome. The median taste just tends to run a little more conservatively over here.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Truth is, I did not know that these bulbs were illegal.

I just checked the web and I can't find anyone that sells the phillips silvervision bulbs. I want to get rid of the amber color when the lamps are off. I don't really care if they blink yellow and I don't want to be driving around trying to get pulled over.

If you guys know where to get the Phillips, I'd buy them.

Edit: Loan Guy, I got them from here. They were about $80 and they emit a very white light.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hello ackster

I really want to see that stereo installation..

When can you have some pic's of that?

I want to see what you did for a faceplate.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: hello ackster

unleasHell said:
I really want to see that stereo installation..

When can you have some pic's of that?

I want to see what you did for a faceplate.
I should have some pictures in early June. I am bringing my car in for the install on May 28th and they will have it for 7 business days. I have totally changed my thinking of the trunk install. They will be doing the whole trunk with molded painted fiberglass. I am still mulling over the design/paint scheme. I was thinking about doing the whole thing in titanium silver metallic and having the BMW symbol airbrushed over the front and the subs. I still don't know though. :confused:

I will probably post over at e46 fanatics though. I will probably get flamed on this board if I post the pics. When I do post, I will put a general message up in the forum with a link to E46fanatics.

I have been on this board for about two months now, and I should have know better before posting these pics. I asked for it. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts