BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer put the Sirius antenna on my trunk lid, but I think I want it moved to the roof where the sharkfin is on newer models. Does anyone have any pictures of it in this location? And where do you run the wire from the trunk to this roof position? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealer put the Sirius antenna on my trunk lid, but I think I want it moved to the roof where the sharkfin is on newer models. Does anyone have any pictures of it in this location? And where do you run the wire from the trunk to this roof position? Thanks!
I put mine on the back shelf inside the car and get great reception. It looks much better than anything on the outside of the car, imo. I unscrewed the center child restraint hook and dropped the cable down through there and then behind the back seat all the way up to the headunit. Let me know and I will help you out if you go this route.

Mike

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but I got this done and love it. Great reception, no ugliness. :)

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about a follow up with more detail about what you did?
I didn't do it, the dealer did. Further, I know longer have that car. I told the dealer I want the antenna inside the car by the rear window on the ledge. They can thread the wires through there to the trunk. Stealth install and only concern is if you have metallic tint, you won't get reception.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.