BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to some work obligations, I have had to shorten my ED (640 M-Sport Convertible) to a 48 hour in-and-out (then to Paris for a week;)). I am trying to figure out the best way to do this mini-trip in terms of ease, enjoyment, and general logistics. Since I arrive early afternoon on Friday, and leave late Sunday morning, this complicates my dropoff options due to the weekend schedule. This is my fifth (or 6th?) ED, so I am ok with this not being a major driving trip, as the others were.

I arrive from the west coast at 1:30 pm on a Friday afternoon, first week in March. When I had originally planned a week long driving trip, I was going to pick up the car first thing on Saturday morning. But now that I am just going to do a quick trip and stay close to Munich, I was thinking about picking up the car as soon as I arrive on Friday (3:00 pm?) instead of Saturday morning; this will give me a little more time with the car. I was worried about jet lag, but I actually seem to have jet lag on the second day, not the first. Here are my various logistics questions:

If I do this, then I would drive to my hotel and probably park the car overnight, or even maybe take delivery, and then go for a quick drive, and leave it at the Welt overnight to avoid parking in the city at my hotel's garage(?). Either way, I would then get an early start Saturday morning, and either do a few of hours of driving near Munich, then drop off the car at the Munich dropoff location before their Saturday close time of 2:00 pm, or, if the weather is nice, maybe stop by the dropoff location early to arrange for an after hours dropoff (is it correct that this can be done for 50 euro?), then do a little day trip and return on Saturday night, or Sunday morning before my flight. I'm a little paranoid about just leaving my car in an unattended lot on Saturday night or Sunday morning; not sure I'd be comfortable with this. Has anyone done this?

Any thoughts or advice on how best to manage this schedule?

Of course, if the weather is bad, this all moot, since I will have the car transported to the dropoff location.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You sound like an ED expert and I suspect you answered your own questions already:

...since I will have the car transported to the dropoff location.
Just pick up, do a victory lap, sign paperwork, have a beer and relax in Munich on Saturday before you head to Paris. Like you I wouldn't want to hassle with parking and drops on what is basically a 24 hour window after flying 7,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Seriously fishski.. You of ALL people should know the answer to your own question... with as many ED you've done over the years..:eeps:

I ought to give you 5 demerit points for making this post.:p Call us when you have a REAL problem pal!!;)

beewang:bigpimp:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously fishski.. You of ALL people should know the answer to your own question... with as many ED you've done over the years..:eeps:

I ought to give you 5 demerit points for making this post.:p Call us when you have a REAL problem pal!!;)

beewang:bigpimp:
I guess I like to hear other peoples perspectives Mr. Beewang.

Actually, it was just a ploy to get you to come out from hiding; glad to see you're still around;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.