BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Artsy fartsy intro pic lol. Picked her up about 2 weeks ago and been busy doing maintenance on her. No codes, fresh cooling system, all new gaskets, etc. Meet Sophia!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Artsy fartsy intro pic lol. Picked her up about 2 weeks ago and been busy doing maintenance on her. No codes, fresh cooling system, all new gaskets, etc. Meet Sophia!!
Congrats!!! that's a beautiful car. Love the M-Pars!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys!! Glad to be back in a Bimmer...let alone an E39 V8 manual...whomp whomp. Quick background I suppose. I've owned various ones since early college days (I won't say when lol) from E30 325 to E36 328 to E39 530 then an E36/7 M Roadster. All very fun and reliable cars if taken care of. Hope to contribute where I can although most concerns have been addressed in one way or another on these forums ha! They sure don't make 'em like they used to...let's keep these German legends on the road guys. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Beautiful! M-Pars make such a difference on the lowered M-Tech's, but I am probably bias:p Paint those calipers red or yellow!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Beautiful! M-Pars make such a difference on the lowered M-Tech's, but I am probably bias:p Paint those calipers red or yellow!
Why would one wants to show their calipers when they have such M-pars is mind boggling for me.:D

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Why would one wants to show their calipers when they have such M-pars is mind boggling for me.:D

This is why:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Ha ha I grew out of that.:thumbup:

I guess Porsche and the M cars haven’t yet

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Haha, you guys are funny. Yellow calipers would look sweet on Sterling...need to redo my m pars first...one thing at a time. Worked on all the mechanical stuff to get her purring this past 2 weeks. Oh speaking of which, where do you guys get your parts from? A bit after the fact but I ordered a boatload of seals, bushings, gaskets, thermostat, water pump etc from FCP since their cost seemed fair. Anyways, thanks again guys! Here's a few more pics and Ronnie James Dio to listen to while you look at them lol. Rock on!! :guitar: Oh and the dog approves. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtEw8JLQBgg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Great pics! I literally use FCP, BavAuto, and ECS when I need something and I pick the best price. They all have great service. BavAuto is a little pricier, but if I need it quick, they are 30 miles from me and I get it the next day with base shipping.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use FCPEuro for almost anything now. They have (subjectively) the best warranty, are really great to deal with, and have almost everything. Plus, in my experience they price match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts