BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some delay at the VPC, I finally picked up my new baby last Thursday. For those who are interested in my timeline, here it is again:

Jun 23: placed order and received production number (scheduled for week 31 = early August)
Jul 28: production started
Aug 3: production completed, transfered to Spartanburg VPC
Aug 4: departed Spartanburg on Norfolk Southern
Aug 16: arrived Oxnard VPC
Aug 26: learned from my CA that my car was still at VPC due to damage to the mudflap-like piece under the car
Aug 27: released to carrier
Aug 31: picked up by Wagonners truck
Sept 1: delivered to the dealer
Sept 2: picked up by me

My dealer is in LA. I flew one way to LAX and drove her home to SF. The car is simply amazing. At the end of first day, I had put 400 miles and averaged 25.2 MPG. And there was still 3/8 fuel left in the tank!

Car is flawless. No rattles or squeaks. And of course it came with the cargo cover.

Sorry I don't have bimmerfest-worthy photos yet, but I'll work on it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats Roots!!!
Hurry up with the pics!!!

·
Day dreamer
134 Posts
congrat!

I am in the SF bay area too.. Why do you choose to order your car through LA dealers? I used to think S.F dealers are pretty competitive .. Do you mind posting your deal and your dealers name? I will be in the market in the next couple months. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congratulations! Dealers around the Bay Area can be hard to deal with some time, I got my car from LA as well and very smooth process.

Enjoy~

·
?
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
congrat!

I am in the SF bay area too.. Why do you choose to order your car through LA dealers? I used to think S.F dealers are pretty competitive .. Do you mind posting your deal and your dealers name? I will be in the market in the next couple months. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Dealers in the bay area (at least the one I talked to... SF, Peter Pan, Mountain View, and Stevens Creek) weren't willing to discount the diesel model. The best I got was $1K off MSRP.

I got mine from Philippe Kahn at South Bay BMW. He is a well known board sponsor and I highly recommend him. If you're interested in my numbers, please PM me directly.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got my car from LA as well and very smooth process.

Would you mind sharing your deal and dealer name in LA? thanks.
Same as OP I got it from Philippe Kahn, easy to deal with and up front with everything.

Back in March I was trying to get on a 50i with first build slot and all the Bay Area dealers want MSRP since each dealer only can order one 50i as first build order. Philippe came thru for me and agree to order it $1,500 above invoice on first build slot. BTW, OP is right that all or most of Bay Area dealers expect MSRP on the 35d due to the ECO credit. I guess there's a sucker born every minute around this area so dealers just won't budge.

If I were not fighting for early build slot then I expect deal should be better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.