Picked up 2013 X6 50i, which replaced a 2009 X6 50i...
No good photos yet (It was raining and only using phone camera).
At dealer 8/9/2012... shows build date of Aug 2012 with VIN (See pic)
Picked up 8/11/2012
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black Perf Leather
Dynamic Handling Package (Active Steering & Adaptive Drive)
Luxury Seating Package
M Performance Package (See pic - Among other things, got the black exhaust tips... Nice since the chrome ones on 2009 always turned black anyway)
Space Saver Spare
Soft Close Automatic Doors
3 Rear Seats
Full LED Lights
Rear Seat Entertainment
- Active Steering - Didn't want but wanted adaptive drive again... Different, taking some getting used to (but liking!)
- 8 speed auto vs. older 6 speed - Not talked about too often but major upgrade to driveability!
- Side view camera - Have not used yet in a real world situation, but not at all what I thought (Did not know it was for creeping into an intersection and seeing down the road)
- LED lights - Great!
- Noticed you can now "swap" iPod vs. iPhone through iDrive... In the 2009, if you had both the iPod and snap-in adapter, there was no possibility of playing music from iPhone unless you physically unplugged the iPod. I see now you can just swap in the iDrive menu. Now with that said, I only had "Smartphone Integration" on the 2009 so had the "Music" adapter. Though I can charge my phone and it connects, it is not "compatible" with the BMW Apps, so that's going to be heading to eBay soon
- Style 336 20" wheels - Didn't know they were "grey" in color... they look much better in person than I had thought/envisioned. The grey really makes them, too!
I had an almost identically optioned 2009 less Active Steering, less some of the newer technology not avail then, and had added dealer installed BMW performance power kit (+40 hp). Overall, the whole package seems much more refined and smoothed out now. I just noticed this morning that my driver door was not "fit" perfectly at the factory... going to have to see if that can be fixed. Annoyance but I take the good with the bad with every BMW I've had since that's just how things go no matter the price point!
Overall, still an amazing car or I would not have done it again!