BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After almost 2 1/2 months of waiting today was finally the day. When our CA pulled the car around to the front of the dealership dealership I think my jaw almost hit the floor. I had never seen Barbera Red in person, and lets just say that I'm EXTREMELY glad we went with this color. The pics aren't the best and it was too dark to take more when we got home. I'll post more on Sat. after we get her tinted. Here are my quick first impressions of the car after a whole 6 hours of ownership.....

1) Barbera is STUNNING in person. Not just in bright sunlight either. In shade/shadows it has this deep red wine appearance with glints of brighter color like you'd get holding a glass of deep red wine up to a light.
2) The beige interior looks great with our exterior color, but is going to be a bit of work to keep spotless. Very pretty, just gotta be careful with it.
3) I actually LIKE iDrive.....alot. Of course, I'm a tech guy, so navigating the menus came easily to me. It's really sweet to be able to control most of the cars functions from one place.
4) The 335 is fast. Really fast. Like perma-grin plastered to your mug fast

I'll post more pics this weekend after tint/clearbra.

Almost forgot.....our Sirius package is for life, not 1 year (without having to pay extra). Our CA was SHOCKED when the Sirius rep that helped us activate told us that the subscription was lifetime instead of one year.

-C
e92 335i Barbera/Cream ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Nav, 6FL, Sirius

Attachments

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
:wow:

nice car! bmw isn't it?

That one might even be extra nice.:thumbup:

jummo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice car congrats.
I still have not tinted mine. What tint you going to use?
We're going with Huper Optik. Probably 30, but not 100% sure yet. We actually really like the kind of reflective metallic look of Huper that many seem to dislike. I guess we'll find out on Sat if it's a good choice or not!

-C
e92 335i Barbera/Cream ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Nav, 6FL, Sirius

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
"Barbera is STUNNING in person"
I agree with you. Someone was picking one up when I went to sign my lease papers in June, and I almost changed my mind about color choice.
Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello, pyranha. That is a smokingly beautiful car you have there. Congratulations! May you all have many, many happy miles in it.

Regards,

Snaxster

·
Registered
377 Posts
That color does look pretty sweet. Nice combo with your interior.

Do all BMW's come with lifetime Sirius now?
I agree. I don't think i've seen any better color for that beige interior. Looks fantastic. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Superb color combo!!! two big thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup:

I'll probably see you on the road around here sometime :bigpimp:

·
Registered
119 Posts
:yikes: i have color regret. should have put more thought into the barbera and terra. bimmer335i07, you have pics of your interior? i'd love to see the terra (huge fan of the terra) with the barbera.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not a fan of terra interior...just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it would look better in person.

However the beige/cream whatever above looks awesome.

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
3) I actually LIKE iDrive.....alot. Of course, I'm a tech guy, so navigating the menus came easily to me. It's really sweet to be able to control most of the cars functions from one place.

I totally agree, reviewers have put down BMW's iDrive, but I find it very easy and fluid, and I would hate to have fingerprints all over a touch screen, to me, that's just nasty.

Good luck, gorgeous color, just like the wine varietal with which it's associated!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Very nice looking car. That color looks great with the Terra seats. It***8217;s funny how colors are such personal taste issues. Hope you enjoy your new car!

·
ANDY is always with me
1,888 Posts
A great looking car. The Barbera is beautiful. Just one thing...we had to wait 9 months for our baby! :mad: Watch out for the cops and drive in good health.

·
Registered
221 Posts
A great looking car. The Barbera is beautiful. Just one thing...we had to wait 9 months for our baby! :mad: Watch out for the cops and drive in good health.
Barbera Red is not that flashy, so it will not get the cops attention. If you're talking about Crimson Red, that gets a lot of attention.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts