BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been searching around for HID companies and i finally found a company that sold their HID kits for $175 shipped with 1 year warrenty on the bulbs, and a lifetime warrenty on the balasts...so i got a couple friends together and emailed the company and said "what kind of deal will you give me if i order 5 sets of HID's from you?". the company emailed me back and said $125 for the kits and $25 shipping for all the kits. SWEET!!! I called the company up, ordered 5 sets of HID's ($130 per person). ordered a set for my 328is, and a set for my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I put the set in my jeep and BMW last night and they look amazing. i will post pics both cars later...

....thought i would share this with everone....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
oh.. i hope they don't look like this really.

Most LED for E36 look like ****e IMO.
So, surprise me mate, looking forward for it, if yuo seem happy im very curious to see final result! :)

I saw these ones now and think they look best from online selections..

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh.. i hope they don't look like this really.

Most LED for E36 look like ****e IMO.
So, surprise me mate, looking forward for it, if yuo seem happy im very curious to see final result! :)

I saw these ones now and think they look best from online selections..
....not LED....HID...you know...headlight bulbs....

·
Banned
53 Posts
wow, $150, or even $175 for HID? tell us if it is actually good! On the other hand, not only
do you risk getting pulled over more, you risk getting flicked off more! I know I hate seeing someone come up behind me with s u p e r b r i g h t headlights!

On another note, we BMW drivers don't tend to stay behind other cars, so it shouldn't bother them for more than a few seconds :) lol

I decided against it; I'd rather not get the extra police attention. I just got some better headlights, 5000K 9006/9005 (low/high beams) 80/100W- 55W current draw 12V headlights; they're on the way. Just enough to fully utilize my projector headlights, which are also on the way :)

·
Banned
53 Posts
Plus, I don't think either LED, altezza, or Lexus-style taillights should be on a BMW. I got some fancier white-on-red taillights, but still maintained the E36 look. A BMW is not a Lexus or a Benz-- it's better, so it shouldn't look like one. That is demeaning, in my opinion. All my stuff is on the way right now.

I think HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights are great, but I would honestly be ticked off if you pulled up behind me. They really hurt my eyes.

·
Driv'N In Sunny Cali
394 Posts
Heres a picture of my car I think in December of last year with 9006 6000k HIDs. Made a mistake of ordering them before I got my projectors. So now i'll have to order H1 bulbs for my projectors when I get them. :(

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got the 8000k for both cars, 35v...they are made by "Vision" which is made in germany...i took my car out for a nice ride last night and let me say...those lights are amazing...they light up the whole road!! expecially with the projectors...i also just installed another set in my girlfriends brothers mustang...posted are the jeep and mustang..i'll take pictures of the bmw today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts