BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday picked up my 3rd X5. this is my first 4.4. Traded in my '01 3.0 on a '05 3.0 which is now with the X wife. I have to say I am loving it.
Specs: 2006 4.4 Sterling Gray on Black, Premium, Sport, !9" wheels, Cold Weather, Climate, NAV etc etc. Put my changer in last night in about 5 minutes. Piece of cake.

Sweet deal with the incentives. BMW is hardpressed to improve much on this car with the new one. I know it will take a bath on depreciation but why trade it in.

I still believe, X5 is the best car I have ever owned and I have owned alot, proof I bought three of them.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
considering an '06 X5 for my wife. How was the 3.0 engine as far as pick up, passing? Drove one last weekend and it seemed ok, but sort of reminded me of loaner 325. When I got back my 330, I noticed the difference.

What was the MSRP on the 4.4 and what did you pay, if you don't mind sharing?

Saw an ad last Sun for 3.0 steptronic, cold weather pkg only list 45K, selling for 41K.

Don't need the extra seats, so the new model doesn't excite me, except for the extra drop n value of an 06.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3.0 has pickup but nothing compared to your 330. I was going from a 545 so 4.4 was a must. 4.4 is phenomenal. MSRP was $62,495 and I paid about $55K. Considering the new ones will be probably $65K to $70K plus and not to mention you typically do not want the first year of production of a new model I thought it was a steal. Could n ot be happier. World of difference over a 3.0 plus better mileage.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
:stupid:
Yeah Premium Sound is a MUST!!! It is great....

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!! :) Sorry, don't know where that smiley is.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Correct. No more x5 orders for 06.
Dealer had 4.4 w/ premium, cwp, nav. msrp 60K. salesman said markup is 7% over invoice. wouldn't quote price.

at this point, could be looking at e70. dealers still have no details re-size, price, engines..............hopefully the technology isn't brand new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts