BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I haven't posted here in a while but my dad is trading in his 2012 E70 fully loaded and he ordered a 2016 X5. From the time the order was placed to delivery to the dealer, it was 2 weeks exact.

• Black Sapphire Metallic
  • Terra Brown
  • M Sport w/ 20s
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • Driver Assistance Plus Package
  • Dynamic Handling Package
  • Adaptive M Suspension with rear axle air suspension
  • Lighting Package
  • Premium Pack
  • Muti Contour Seats
  • H/K Audio
  • Rear Comfort Seats
  • Soft Close Doors

I will be picking up this beast tomorrow and getting a new car prep, ceramic coating, and tints at my detailer. Of course my CA knows to leave the car wrapped and no front plate (this is my dad's ride so he might have them drill it since he hates the offset look of the tow hook :eek: )

I just have one question about the Dynamic Handling Package. Does anyone here experienced it compared to the Adaptive Drive on the E70? Does it make the ride more comfortable in comfort mode while really making it stiff in Sport/Sport Plus?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting for my 2016 F15 50i. I also ordered the dynamic handling package on my build. Don't know what to expect either
We have Adaptive Drive on the e70 and it works wonders but its still a little rough. I hope with the rear axle air it might soften it up a bit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey All,

I haven't posted here in a while but my dad is trading in his 2012 E70 fully loaded and he ordered a 2016 X5. From the time the order was placed to delivery to the dealer, it was 2 weeks exact.

• Black Sapphire Metallic
  • Terra Brown
  • M Sport w/ 20s
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • Driver Assistance Plus Package
  • Dynamic Handling Package
  • Adaptive M Suspension with rear axle air suspension
  • Lighting Package
  • Premium Pack
  • Muti Contour Seats
  • H/K Audio
  • Rear Comfort Seats
  • Soft Close Doors

I will be picking up this beast tomorrow and getting a new car prep, ceramic coating, and tints at my detailer. Of course my CA knows to leave the car wrapped and no front plate (this is my dad's ride so he might have them drill it since he hates the offset look of the tow hook :eek: )

I just have one question about the Dynamic Handling Package. Does anyone here experienced it compared to the Adaptive Drive on the E70? Does it make the ride more comfortable in comfort mode while really making it stiff in Sport/Sport Plus?
Please explain the ceramic coating?

I will be picking mine up next month and need to look into what all I need to do to protect the paint.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
E70's adaptive drive equals F15's DHP... :)

Congrats on your X5 Msport! Looks great and your build is solid :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Please explain the ceramic coating?

I will be picking mine up next month and need to look into what all I need to do to protect the paint.
On my M3 I have the Ceramic Pro 9H Gold Package. Its a "glass-like" coating that is only applied by an authorized detailer. It has hydrophobic properties, and offers some protection against light scratches and marring of the paint from bird poop and other contaminants. It does require a a full paint correction before hand the process usually takes about 5 full days.

On the X5 I am doing the Ceramic Pro Sport which is the maintenance coating for the Ceramic Pro full coating. It does offer the hydrophobic properties and is basically a superwax. To apply all the detailer has to do is spray it on like spray wax but it lasts about 6 months give or take depending on the environment. It offers a deep gloss in the paint and keeps any liquids off so I call it a win :thumbup:

If you do plan on keeping your X5, xpel film is the way to go. That will actually stop paint chips but to cover the entire X5 is pretty pricey. This is a lease so no need to waste the money just to save paint chips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
E70's adaptive drive equals F15's DHP... :)

Congrats on your X5 Msport! Looks great and your build is solid :)
Thank you! My dad was debating on the Space Gray, Mineral White, or BSM but he likes dark colors lol. Last X5 was Carbon Black which was amazing.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts