BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my new ride today... 330i premium/sport/heated seats, titanium silver/black/burl walnut. I can't believe I'm getting my dream car this afternoon. Is there anything I should be aware of/asking/et cetera? Also, I've got a great digital camera, all requests for pics will be honored.

I'm also looking for guidance about winter tires, since Nebraska and sport tires don't mix. Ideally, I'd like to use the same wheels (18" style 162) and put all-seasons on them this fall, but I'm worried that I won't find any that will fit properly (run-flats, staggered wheels?). I could get another set of wheels, if necessary...

Thanks in advance,
buddha4

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am no expert on winter wheels/tires but from what I know, its better to go with a smaller diameter wheel for winter time. Something like 16" or at most 17". There is a ton of winter tire advice in the wheel/tire area of this board actually.

Congrats on picking up you car. Mine's still waiting for a ship :(

·
Banned
9 Posts
Pics pics pics! For winter use just get cheap steel wheels from tirerack. Who cares how the car looks during the winter anyways it's always gonna be dirty and grimy. God bless sunny california!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would say get a get a separate set of rims and rubber for the winter. taking on and off the tires will eventually wear out the lip on those nice 18's. also, you should consider sticking with a set of aluminum rims for the winter. since the new 330 has 255hp, you might destroy a set of plain old steel wheels.
ebay always has good deals.
send the pics!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Isn't there some rule that states you have to post pics of you car within 24 hours or your banned? ;) :rofl:
I may go with Walnut instead of Poplar. Can't wait to see those pics!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts