BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God this waiting weeks for a custom order to arrive has really sucked! First time for me I have always purchased off the lot. Well the waiting is nearly over my dealer contacted me today and said I could pick up the new X5 in the morning :thumbup:

Pics to follow...

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
You are lucky... my very first custom ordered car was a 2007 525i and it was built in Germany :) wait time for 3 months lol.
My second car was a 2010 535i with the same wait time... imagine how long those 3 months were for me :)

My last two BMW were X5's so the wait time was only 3 weeks which actually went by fairly quick.

Congrats and take lots of pics on your special day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just arrived home only moments ago PHEW!! That was quite the white knuckle ride home with 15 miles of Portland, OR Friday afternoon rush hour traffic. Stop and go, people tailgating, some guy in his giant Ford crew cab 4x4 pulling a 25 foot trailer decided to test the strength of a semi trailers bumper man the front of his truck was smashed flat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is the first round of pics, I looked it over carefully at the dealer and it looks pretty much flawless. One little quarter sized puff in the leather in the back seat the rest looks cut and sewn quite nicely. More pics to follow.

One photo I could not find online was of the standard 255x50/19 tires width. Couldn't really tell how wide they were, I mean they are 10 inches wide but do they look wide and sporty on the vehicle or narrow and boring, the answer is they look wide and sporty. Without being insanely M wide. As for the wheels I never really liked photos of them but they look nice in person. For some reason the wheels look overly thick in photos but don't in person.

I got Pirelli Scorpion tires by the way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First impressions after driving some of my local roads I know well...

1. Very smooth, no really smoooooooooooooooooooth. Engine is smooth, transmission is smooth, power delivery is smooth and peppy and that's in comfort mode.

2. I don't know what people are talking about regarding the standard suspension and body roll this thing is flat in corners. I took it up a switch back corner hill and around a bunch of 90 degree corners where my truck would roll considerable and it was like a go-cart. Mind you I wasn't trying to drift the thing but at normal to sporty speeds its fine.

3. I miss my large digital speedometer from my truck...but not enough to drop $1,000 on that HUD.

4. Performance, again in comfort mode in HEAVY traffic from stop and go traffic to surging rush hour traffic to blazing down the freeway at 70mph its quite sporty. Quite good changing lanes, I would call it darty you can dart about with confidence, its planted, again no body roll. Engine is very responsive I'm not sure I'll need the MPPK it has plenty of power to change lanes left, speed up pass someone 'dart' back to the right lane with seemingly little effort. Remember I have been driving a 5.7 liter V8 with a 3.92 rear diff this X5 is fun to drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks. I noticed the plate :)

Nice looking X5. Also love the green grass in your yard. Hope I can get mine back.
OMG I only had to dump about $1,000 of Scotts weed and feed and ironite and bug killer on the thing after last years mega drought. It doesn't help that all my neighbors are weed farmers. (face palm)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
nice car, and nice pics!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
You don't know about the suspension because you haven't experienced it.. ignorance is bliss? Your X5 is not flat in all corners lol.. it wobbles and will continue to wobble.. its not a one of kind special standard suspension. If you have experienced MPPK with this engine you would think differently. If you have experienced race chip tune with this engine you would think differently. Until you experience it you will think the standard x5 is worlds better than anything you have driven before. You have a 19" all season tires, standard suspension, and no tune on your new X5..

I would hate for you to drive my X5 or a 50i with a proper suspension upgrade.. or even a X5M.. your ram 1500 truck would be in no comparison regardless of the engine size.. its a behemoth compared tot he X5 in terms of size and weight.. regardless if it had a V8 it probably did 0-60 in 8.8 second.. Stock 35i does it in 6.1 seconds according to BMW so of course it will be faster... MPPK tuned does it in 5.6 seconds.

congrats on your x5.

PS. check your left secret compartment in the cargo trunk for a free cargo net :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't know (SNIP)
Kzang seriously I'm growing tired of your negativity and all knowing attitude. I start a thread to celebrate my first ever BMW and you come in and post crap like that. Why don't you go think on that.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My apologies if you thought my attitude was being negative and all knowing.... I'm just responding to your "I don't know what people are talking about regarding the standard suspension and body roll this thing is flat in corners." comment... Since you didn't know.. I was trying to make you understand.

If your standard suspension X5 supposedly doesn't have body roll or is flat on 90 degree turns.. then you have one special BMW :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Beautiful car! Congrats! I do have to warn you though, you know how you feel about your car today? Well you are going to feel the SAME way 18 months from today. My 2015 X5 is 18 months old and it is a joy to drive to work and for road trips. Enjoy!
Oh, I still cringe about the road rocks, bugs, etc. You won't get use to that!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts