Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Huge grille. Slimmer headlights. The first Alpine White pic shows it with the M-sport Package and the second pic with the Luxury Package. BMW is scheduled to have an official unveiling next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Personally.........not a fan!

·
Registered
442 Posts
it will take some getting use to. Personally I did not like the G12 body when it first came out. I'm a bigger fan of the F01/F02.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
that grill looks retarded.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Ghastly,gruesome, grisly, nasty, grim, vile and hideous are also words I'd use to describe the new grills on the 7 and on the new X5, X7. That grille is almost the size of my front gate.
They're creating a bit of trend on their new cars...the rear end of the new 8 series looks like it was involved in a hit 'n run incident. The new 3 series is not a looker either 'cause of the headlights.
Don't get me started on the Z4, what a mess. Kia still want their grills back.

·
750i Xdrive m sport Indiv
147 Posts
I may be in the minority... but I actually like the new grill and look of M-sport. Not feeling the luxury model.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
it will take some getting use to. Personally I did not like the G12 body when it first came out. I'm a bigger fan of the F01/F02.
F02 is GOAT. I still stare at them whenever I see one.

This new grill is huge but it'll just take some getting used to I guess.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,084 Posts
I personally like what they did with this refresh! More presence than the initial bland offering! Particularly the side and rear profile. But I also like what they did with the lower front fascia. more distinguishable from the 5.

·
Registered
209 Posts
All a matter of personal taste. I am not a fan of the new 3, this updated 7. Also don't like the new dashboard. Just hope they leave the 5 alone. On a positive note I like the engine upgrade for the 750.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
The X7's grill is huge, too. It sort of reminds me of Bucky the Beaver.

But, nothing says "Get the **** out of my way, peasant" more than a huge grill. That holds for BMW's, Rolls-Royce's, and Peterbilt's. The G01 X3 has a substantially higher (if not necessarily larger) grill than the F25, and they're selling like hotcakes. The big, tall front clip makes the typical female drivers feel safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The X7's grill is huge, too. It sort of reminds me of Bucky the Beaver.
Bucky the Beaver, exactly! You still got that number for the BMW complaint department? :mad:

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,474 Posts
I am reserving judgment on the grille until I see it in real time. There are lots of nice changes and I don't see the grille when I am driving. Of course you don't see the rear either and I stayed away from the Bangle Butt BMWs. I don't think the grille is in that category.

My lease is up in November so will be looking at the LCI very carefully.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
The question begs to be asked... Where does the front tag go on U.S. cars, in those 31 uncivilized states? The American version might end up with a grill that is smaller, with the bottom being higher off the ground.

It's odd that all the civilized states are contiguous. A friend was in the military, and once stationed in Delaware. He claimed residence there for the rest of his career so he didn't have to put front tags on his cars. Texas almost got rid of them a few years ago. But, it narrowly failed in the legislature. We're moving from Floriduh after my retirement. No-font-tags was one of my requirements for our future state.

Down here, when we see a front tag holder on a car that means the car and/or the driver likely came from somewhere up north, Texas, or California, and both should be treated with great suspicion. A front tag holder says "Look at me, I bought a used car."

Attachments

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Bucky the Beaver, exactly! You still got that number for the BMW complaint department? :mad:
I wrote a letter to BMW NA a few years back bitching about RFT's and the lack of spare tires and storage compartments for said spare tires. I actually got a call from somebody fairly low down the BMW NA totem pole. He didn't have any authority, but his job was to make sure what I wanted and to write it up. But, the G01 X3, G30 5, G05 X5, and now the G20 3 now all offer non-RFT's and spare tires.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
The question begs to be asked... Where does the front tag go on U.S. cars, in those 31 uncivilized states? The American version might end up with a grill that is smaller, with the bottom being higher off the ground.
Good observation. My guess is that the license plate would protrude down into the lower air dam

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Good observation. My guess is that the license plate would protrude down into the lower air dam
That'd probably block the RADAR pod.

With more body colored bumper and less grill, that'd pretty much be the perfectly styled sedan. I'm done with sedans, though. From here on out, it's either coupes, SUV's, mini-vans, pick-ups, and maybe a hatchback in the Putzer fleet. I love my F10 535i. But, it's cramped inside, and has a big footprint outside. If we're carrying a third person in the car, we grab the X3. Because of that, I'd be better off with a 4 Series coupe... or a 911.

·
HUFINGTON
923 Posts
The question begs to be asked... Where does the front tag go on U.S. cars, in those 31 uncivilized states? The American version might end up with a grill that is smaller, with the bottom being higher off the ground."
Good eye. I was looking at it and thinking what am I missing?
For the humongous grill, I always felt that X7 and the 7 grills are taken directly from a comic book where they used to serve as jail cell bars!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts