Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested diff last weekend with 1650 mile drive. 3 days. Washington perimeter into Idaho and Oregon. SR3 in Idaho gets our vote as best road on west coast. 77 mile stretch in particular. Little or no traffic. Hwy 20 and 97 are good too. Columbia River gorge was disappointing, but maybe we picked the wrong route.

No commentary. No technical content in this post.

·
Any ride will do
17,472 Posts
Excellent tour. Will you be able to make the mountain drive tomorrow?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Idaho is on the west coast? That's interesting. :yikes: Columbia River Gorge was disappointing? Hmm....what part were you in, east end or west end? Best roads in the NW: any hwy other than interstate that goes up into the Cascade range or Coast Range, the 101 (PCH) in Oregon, Sea-to-sky in BC when not much traffic, not too familiar with WA. All your pics are from the arid and unexciting side of WA state. Not many curvy roads over there anyway. I am being way too critical, I know. ;) Seriously, that route looks fantastic. Glad you enjoyed it. Would like to check out some of those drives in WA, but hear it is best to stay on the west side of the state. :thumbup:

·
Suede Master
1,437 Posts
Hint: We only have still photo of the arid parts because we were bored. Plenty of video of the curvies:bigpimp:

We did Columbia Gorge from Walla Walla to Portland.

Check out SR3.

·
Registered
71 Posts
AndyM said:
Hint: We only have still photo of the arid parts because we were bored. Plenty of video of the curvies:bigpimp:

We did Columbia Gorge from Walla Walla to Portland.

Check out SR3.
That's cool. The problem with the Gorge is that if you take 84, it is a straight shot on the fwy. I've never done hwy 14 on the WA side, maybe the answer is over there. The problem with hwy 30 on the Oregon side is that it is slow and hard to see things. You guys are right, it's not the best road for driving, but the scenery is pretty good. There is a great golf course in Hood River. Almost every fairway is played with views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great pics. Can't wait for the video. DU HAST!

Jonathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts