BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Mystikal said:
Whoa, nice rims on that Ci. SSR Comp's have to be the absolute lightest rims that you can use on the street.

I need to get myself into some Auto-x events soon...you guys keep luring me to it!
Yeah, but without the stickers they're nowhere near as fast.

CD55 and I ran an SCCA autocross today at FedEx field. It was a good time; this is the first year they've had a lot that big out here, and it allowed a much longer course that was easier to navigate and didn't double back on itself so much. Fortunately, we were in the morning session, because the sky opened up around 12:30 (right before my last run).

After today, I've decided that at some point I'm going to get a set of track tires.
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Mystikal said:
Whoa, nice rims on that Ci. SSR Comp's have to be the absolute lightest rims that you can use on the street.

I need to get myself into some Auto-x events soon...you guys keep luring me to it!
Thanks that's my car!

Like JST was saying, I am prolly down 5 - 10hp, because I have not yet applied the "SSR", and "Competition" stickers. j/k

BTW, they are 8 X 17 inch rims with 235/40 S-03 tires all around. With this set-up, if I need to, to manage tire wear, I can swap the tires front to back, but not side to side.

You should go to the autoX. For $15 to $30 dollars a day, I cannot think of a better driving value.

CD-55
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
I have GOT to start doing this.
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
EugeneS said:
The first site I uploaded the pics sucks. Try the other one :)Another site

About a digi cam... the ones I like cost too much so for now I better stick with my Nikon and a scanner ;)

I should've taken a group pic as well, well I guess some other time ;)
The hi-res pics work well. Thanks!

The TYPE-R thing... OK that is really funny!

CD-55
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
CD-55 said:


Thanks that's my car!

Like JST was saying, I am prolly down 5 - 10hp, because I have not yet applied the "SSR", and "Competition" stickers. j/k

BTW, they are 8 X 17 inch rims with 235/40 S-03 tires all around. With this set-up, if I need to, to manage tire wear, I can swap the tires front to back, but not side to side.

You should go to the autoX. For $15 to $30 dollars a day, I cannot think of a better driving value.

CD-55
Stickers are everything! Just take a look at that toilet. :yikes:

Also, having the tires non-staggered really helps balance the car in the turns, making the handling more neutral at the limit. Excellent choices with both the wheels and tires. :thumb:
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Mystikal said:


Also, having the tires non-staggered really helps balance the car in the turns, making the handling more neutral at the limit. Excellent choices with both the wheels and tires. :thumb:
Oh yeah, the balance really is a huge improvement! I never knew what I was missing.

Before my car would sometimes oversteer and sometimes understeer, but now... 4-wheel drifts can be maintained thought an entire turn. I LOVE IT!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :bigpimp:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
CD-55 said:


Oh yeah, the balance really is a huge improvement! I never knew what I was missing.

Before my car would sometimes oversteer and sometimes understeer, but now... 4-wheel drifts can be maintained thought an entire turn. I LOVE IT!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :bigpimp:
Hehe, about 2 hours ago, I was turning onto my street, in a normally quiet residential neighbourhood. But there is an elementary school right at that corner and it's 3:45, so there are many many many minivans and the like clogging up the street. I waited with my left signal on for a Cavalier to go by. It stopped for no reason in particular, and since it was raining, I couldn't see if they were waving me in or something. I took the chance and took off, squeezing between a van and the curb. Unexpetedly, the rear end came out mid-turn (no DSC here) and I ended up swinging around the turn half-sideways. Quite scary at first, but I ended up powering out of it for fun when the car started straightening up.

Non-staggered tires are fun. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top