BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

really interested in getting headers for my 2000 528i. I know not much to gain from performance, but ive heard nice sounds come from it, and if all my friends cars with custom headers are anything to think about, the noise is nice =)

just curious, anyone have experience in this? i have yet to see a picture of the stock headers however i have been searching online. anyone have pics? :p

Also, looking for headers.. i came across the usual suspects. But in reality, whats the difference between this high price, this ebay product or this (another ebay)

they all look chrome n stainless steel to me :p

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Im not sure they make them for the 528??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
holllly god damn that car sounds sweet.. thought it was like an airplane for a sec haha

what ive heard is that the e36 headers (the top parts with the branching out of the pipes) are identical to the ones on a 528/525. Only difference is that e36 headers form one pipe whereas e39 continue as 2.

Now i know the price automatically rings 'piece of crap', but looking at this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...25013988QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380025013988&

(doesnt say 528 but are identical to the 528 ones in the other links)

along with the product description -yeah could be bull-... im thinking looks like a solid built header set. very similar in construction to my friends 99 subaru legacy headers that we installed in his car.. n they worked cause he started keeping up with me after he installed it :p for the price.. could you really go wrong? lol

EDIT: or maybe these ones here? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...Item?hash=item230250443329***ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
96 Posts
The headers from TRADER NAS look realy good, o2 ports and nice chrome. Try yo get in touch with that guy and make sure they fit YOUR car. Then also check out Namotorwerks.com they have some nice headers too. $650.00

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes and no. My mechanic installed Euro E36 //M3 headers on his E46 328i, which has the same engine as ours. The key is that you lose the cats when you install headers, so you either haev to insert performance ones into the exhaust system or go with out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi thanks for the responses. I will check with the guy and see if they Definitely fit the 528i.

Rgol, i have heard of losing the cats, but what drawbacks does that bring with it?

thanks again

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you see the pic below, the cats are part of the exhaust manifold.

So, if your state requires smog testing, you will fail. Otherwise, you will just be sending out dirty air. It is not a very "green" solution.

·
yee!
670 Posts
im pretty sure SuperSprint makes them for our unloved 528

·
Technical Graphite > ALL
446 Posts
Just went on Beastpower and priced out a FULL exhaust system (headers to tailpipe) by SuperSprint...

Total: $7,057.86

*facepalm*

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
I would jump all over the Ebay item. Its only $ 135. If it looks like the picture it is worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts