BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanna share some pics of my car with Breyton Spirit 21"
Amazingly. the front rim with tire is 3 kg lighter than the stock 19" with run flats. rear is 2 kg lighter. Also the stock tire and rims are bumpier than the Breyton.

Front size: 21X9 (255/30/21) Conti Sport 2
Rear Size: 21X10.5 (295/25/21) Conti Sport 2 (not sure about the rear size either 21X10 or 10.5)

Overall, very satisfied with the performance and result.

To: Lam, some pics for you to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
HS... how much did your suspension kit drop your car... It looks great!! I am going to add the whole ACS kit including the suspension... any suggestions on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jg,
The H&R coilover drop me about 1.5" front and rear. It can go much lower with the coilover but i decided to stick with this setup.
I never have experience with the AC schnitzer but I tried H&R Coilover on my E-46 M3 and 530i E-60. They all performed very well. Sorry that I cannot answer your question. BTW, your car look awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
HS_01,
Are the Breyton Spirit 21" wheels available in different offsets? Your car looks really good, but the rear wheels look like they stick-out past the wheel wells and the wheels look like they may protrude beyond the outside of the tire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Augie,
The Breyton wheels only come in one offset setup. We cannot change the setup like HRE or i-forged wheels.
Yap, the rear wheels looks like stick out from the wheels but the benefit is you don't have to roll up the fender. You leave the stock fender the way it is with no rub.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks HS!
I am looking to drop the car just a bit... just to fill up the wheel well a bit. 1.5 inches sounds about perfect. I don't want it to look "slammed." Just a little bit more aggressive. I think that is why I like the Schnitzer kikt so much... so, we will see! thanks for your input!

·
Registered
157 Posts
HS_01 said:
Just wanna share some pics of my car with Breyton Spirit 21"
Amazingly. the front rim with tire is 3 kg lighter than the stock 19" with run flats. rear is 2 kg lighter. Also the stock tire and rims are bumpier than the Breyton.

Front size: 21X9 (255/30/21) Conti Sport 2
Rear Size: 21X10.5 (295/25/21) Conti Sport 2 (not sure about the rear size either 21X10 or 10.5)

Overall, very satisfied with the performance and result.

To: Lam, some pics for you to share.
Nice...very nice:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know the factory Sports Package tire sizes are:

Tire Size (front): 245/40R19
Tire Size (rear): 275/35R19

What are the factory Sports Package wheel sizes?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yap,
I think 21" is perfect for this car.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful!!!!!! I love what you did to your 6 -- nice choices on wheels, body kit and lowering. This is one of the cleanest 6ers I've seen.

Peace.
Moe

·
AMV Roady
7,469 Posts
HS... how much did your suspension kit drop your car... It looks great!! I am going to add the whole ACS kit including the suspension... any suggestions on it?
Wow, another white 6r :thumbup: I really like the white/beige combo. Looks great. Oh, and a Rover too. :thumbup: that'

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Malibubimmer,
A lot of potholes in Indonesia. Especially during rainy season.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great, HS. I'm considering the H&R coilovers too.

Seems like no one gets the cheaper H&R sport springs; does anyone think they're the poor man's answer to lowering ($400 vs $1500)...is there a serious performance compromise?

Obviously they're not adjustable; they lower the front 1.2" and the back 1".

Excuse my ignorance on the subject.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here are the pics... I just finished (not me personally) putting on the ACS kit..about 1.5 in front and in back!

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks great, HS. I'm considering the H&R coilovers too.

Seems like no one gets the cheaper H&R sport springs; does anyone think they're the poor man's answer to lowering ($400 vs $1500)...is there a serious performance compromise?

Obviously they're not adjustable; they lower the front 1.2" and the back 1".

Excuse my ignorance on the subject.
I think the H&R sport springs provide you with similar to stock handling, there is slight improvement probably due to the lowered center gravity. The aftermarket sport springs is mainly for looks. If you want improved performance, than you should consider the coilovers:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts