BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this website just about everyday since I purchased this car about a month ago. I haven't posted any pics so I wanted to take the time to do it.

I'm 37 and have never had a vehicle that I'm this excited about. It's been a month and I still find myself coming up with errands to run just so I can have an excuse to go drive. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Thanks to all of you who have already helped me with my newbie questions. There will be more to come!

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great looking ride, man!! Love the color and the wheels.

I know what you mean about "finding" errands to run. I've been doing the same thing. Lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know exactly how ya feel...

And I'm driving a station wagon :rofl:

·
Registered
344 Posts
E39

Its nice to see another E39 fanatic with a car seat in the back like myself!...love the 42's...I just put mine on and it completely changed the car!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nice 5. I like the wheels. I also like that you can maintain it without a team from NASA helping out. (it's a very easy car to maintain and repair).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Love the color just like mine lol. Ive found over 50k miles of errands to run since i bought my 540 3 years ago hahahhahah

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
...........It's been a month and I still find myself coming up with errands to run just so I can have an excuse to go drive. My wife thinks I'm nuts.
soon you be telling the wife that there is this great farmers market three hours away out in the middle of nowhere, and there are no freeways to get there..............:drive:

·
CPR ..
564 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl: haha you guys are funny. I do the same thing too at all hours of the night. Im about to go to my favorite gas station spot to chill with some other nuts like me. :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl: haha you guys are funny. I do the same thing too at all hours of the night. Im about to go to my favorite gas station spot to chill with some other nuts like me. :D
hahhaaha ME too!! franny lew??? Im gonna drive by there then hit the cross island for a nice blast

·
CPR ..
564 Posts
hahhaaha ME too!! franny lew??? Im gonna drive by there then hit the cross island for a nice blast
Im near the Laurelton Pkwy so I don't always go to francias lewis lol. But the cross island is a totally different animal. It's literally on the other side. I usually chill/meet at the shell gas station right off of the conduit on springfield blvd. I caught myself doing 110 on the cross island past hillside ave lol. Good times

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been using this website just about everyday since I purchased this car about a month ago. I haven't posted any pics so I wanted to take the time to do it.

I'm 37 and have never had a vehicle that I'm this excited about. It's been a month and I still find myself coming up with errands to run just so I can have an excuse to go drive. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Thanks to all of you who have already helped me with my newbie questions. There will be more to come!

View attachment 272844

View attachment 272845

View attachment 272846
Nice car. Same as mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Im near the Laurelton Pkwy so I don't always go to francias lewis lol. But the cross island is a totally different animal. It's literally on the other side. I usually chill/meet at the shell gas station right off of the conduit on springfield blvd. I caught myself doing 110 on the cross island past hillside ave lol. Good times
lol i just got back from that short blast. Ive basically made a LAP of queens highways. This is one of my short ones. Obviously these are public highways and i do not promote reckless speeding/driving, but when i do go for a "spirited" drive its usually at night when traffic is light or non existent. and plus there's cops scattered around 50% of the time on top of potholes.
Just go into some action with a 135i. i love these cars
Cross Island to Northern State to Grand Central to Whitestone parkway to Whitestone expressway and back to the Cross Island.
Queensburgring lmao

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
:thumbup:
best car ever
enjoy !

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's been a month and I still find myself coming up with errands to run just so I can have an excuse to go drive. My wife thinks I'm nuts.
I know what you mean. I'll pretty much use any excuse to drive mine especially on the weekends. I've only had mine for about 1 month as well so it's still very new and exciting. Hopefully the feeling never wears off!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haha, I just bought virtually the same car a month ago as well. 2003 530i in Titanium Silver metallic.
I am in love with the Style 42's so much that I just picked some up and can't wait until they come via UPS tommorow!

Congrats on the car, looks sweet!

·
CPR ..
564 Posts
lol i just got back from that short blast. Ive basically made a LAP of queens highways. This is one of my short ones. Obviously these are public highways and i do not promote reckless speeding/driving, but when i do go for a "spirited" drive its usually at night when traffic is light or non existent. and plus there's cops scattered around 50% of the time on top of potholes.
Just go into some action with a 135i. i love these cars
Cross Island to Northern State to Grand Central to Whitestone parkway to Whitestone expressway and back to the Cross Island.
Queensburgring lmao
Haven't found a map yet lol . I've been taking the Laurelton Pkwy to the cross island along the same way you take then take the van wyck to the belt pkwy to get back. It's such a blast. :thumbup:

To the OP: Sorry for "threadjacking". There was always something about the 530's that captured me. I think It would've looked better if the style 42 wheels had more of a lip like the style 5's.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I thought I was looking at my car ;-) Nice color and wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts

View attachment 272844

View attachment 272845

View attachment 272846
Couldn't have said it better, other than i'm only 16, i'm excited everytime i get an excuse to go somewhere.. really an amazing car :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts