BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here they are...

Paint splattered EVERYWHERE in front of the doors. Spots on the mirrors, roof, and 3/4 panel :thumbdwn:

obviously, the front end takes most of the hit...

Bumper detail 1...

On the inside and outside of the tire sidewalls (I'll have to check the rims)

You can see that it got on the brake ducting, lights, and on the DINAN filter sock (bottom slot, on the right)

Driver's mirror....

Roundel....

Headlight...

Bird Shit to add insult to injury :thumbdwn:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
A little Zaino will clear that right up.

What happened?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Oy I just read the other thread...Man that better not be primer. :(

Hope the insurance company covers this.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HACK said:
Oy I just read the other thread...Man that better not be primer. :(

Hope the insurance company covers this.
They will....

I wasn't in the car, my sister was driving. She said it looked like a box and not a can :dunno:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I dunno...I kinda like it--it's very unique.

Just think, you've got a polka-dotted bimmer!

Or a reverse dalmation colored paint job!

My 18-month old would be so confused...

:D

Good luck getting it resolved to your satisfaction. Hopefully you'll insurance co. will hook you up.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Nate, I am using stupid dialup to access the net from Singapore. And I have problems downloading the pictures you posted. :( Whatever happened, it must be really bad. Sorry to hear about the incident too, bud... :(

nate328Ci said:
Here they are...

Paint splattered EVERYWHERE in front of the doors. Spots on the mirrors, roof, and 3/4 panel :thumbdwn:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
TD said:

Are you sure that's not just genetics?
Hey, good one tom. But once again, for the whole world to observe, one can clearly see that it's really YOU (not me) that continues to egg this little thing on between us.

:thumb:

And when I respond, you start whining like the little momma's boy that you are.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
hts said:

Hey, good one tom. But once again, for the whole world to observe, one can clearly see that it's really YOU (not me) that continues to egg this little thing on between us.

:thumb:

And when I respond, you start whining like the little momma's boy that you are.
You two look so happy in your sig picture.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
CD-55 said:

You two look so happy in your sig picture.
I'm smiling because I'm hanging out with my son and some fellow BMW enthusiasts on a beautiful afternoon. One can only speculate that our friend here is smiling because he's thinking about the next knife he's going to stick in my back.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Nate, that really sucks! :thumbdwn: Its a good thing your insurance will cover this. Was it sent flying when another car hit it, or did it come out of the back of a truck? If it was the latter, if your sister got the plate number, your insurance company could bill someone else and your rates wouldn't go up.

I had a similiar experience a few years back on the highway (wasn't a paint can though) with my Cavalier. I was trying to get a closer look at a Dodge Viper that was a 1/4 mile up the road so I got into the left lane, sped up, and another car merged in front of me. The rear tires must have hit, what looked like a 1/4 chunk of rear brake drum, and it flew straight at my car. I was doing about 75 when it hit. I had no time to avoid this piece of metal and it scraped along my hood until it hit the lip by the windshield, and then hit about a third of the way up on the windshield (right near head level). The windshield was destroyed (it was so thin in places that I could poke my finger thru to the outside!) It all happened so fast that I wasn't able (nor was I thinking) to get the plate number. Insurance covered the repainting of my hood and they replaced the windshield. It took only two days to get my hood repainted.

I was really lucky the windshield held, otherwise I might not be here today. :yikes:

Sorry to hear about this but at least no one was hurt.

·
Suffering from BMWitis
97 Posts
Nate-

That is terrible-I hate that happened to your car! But don't fear-this looks like it can probably be taken care of without a full repaint. This is one of those cases where a clay bar would be in order. It might take a while, but with a quality clay bar like the blue one from Clay Magic and some quick detail spray I would imagine you could get almost all of it off without a problem. One of the main uses of a clay bar is to get off paint overspray, and although this is more than just overspray, I don't think it will be a problem. Definitely check into this before a shop recommends a full repaint.

A couple of years ago I knew someone that had their new Passat spray painted by someone while it was parked at a motel for the night. He took it to a body shop and they used a clay bar to fully remove everything.

I hope everything turns out ok on this for you.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ok, back to the original post

Nate,

So sorry to see that happen to your car. Hope the insurance job can fix it.

...Otherwise, maybe we can nominate it to BMWNA as another piece of art work...and make them offer a premium for the car. :D

Edit added: Oh forgot! I once made a mess with a touch up paint and I thought I would be stuck with it. But the detailers cleaned it right away. So, there is always hope.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ackster said:
Nate, that really sucks! :thumbdwn: Its a good thing your insurance will cover this. Was it sent flying when another car hit it, or did it come out of the back of a truck? If it was the latter, if your sister got the plate number, your insurance company could bill someone else and your rates wouldn't go up.

She said that it was run over by the car in front of her and splattered onto my car...

The shop gave me the number of someone who specializes in paint removal. It should come off I think....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.