BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a couple quick shots of my recent home/driveway renovation and some of the whips...:thumbup:

Attachments

· David
3,643 Posts
Looks really good. :thumbup: I posted a congrats in another thread when I noticed your new signature. Is that stamped concrete?

Edit: the whips are looking super clean as always!

· Registered
107 Posts
Looks really good. :thumbup: I posted a congrats in another thread when I noticed your new signature. Is that stamped concrete?

Looks like brick pavers on a sand base.
Stamped concrete would require clean fill, compaction, wire mesh, form work, and a lot more activity on top of colored concrete and stamping it with the form. Its more money

Looks good
Ive always like that corvette color. My friend painted his RX7 that color.

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Looks Good bro! Is that a C6?

· Registered
1,924 Posts
so a couple quick shots of my recent home/driveway renovation and some of the whips...:thumbup:
Looks good. I just had my driveway redone as well. I did a little brick work at the entrance but went with regular asphalt because I plan on moving in a couple years and I didn't think the brick would give me a good ROI compared to asphalt. Just got it down 2 days ago...still can't park on my driveway.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks bro, Those are actually cambridge pavers, stamped concrete would have been 1/2 the price...:rofl:
Lookin Real Good my man!

Classy!

~ Big Marcus
Thanks bro!!
Looks like brick pavers on a sand base.
Stamped concrete would require clean fill, compaction, wire mesh, form work, and a lot more activity on top of colored concrete and stamping it with the form. Its more money

Looks good
Ive always like that corvette color. My friend painted his RX7 that color.
These were compacted and done on some type of 6"new base than set in a stone dust, recompacted and set with paver sand.
Looks Good bro! Is that a C6?
still my c5 that Ive had for close to 10yrs..:thumbup:
Looks good. I just had my driveway redone as well. I did a little brick work at the entrance but went with regular asphalt because I plan on moving in a couple years and I didn't think the brick would give me a good ROI compared to asphalt. Just got it down 2 days ago...still can't park on my driveway.
Im in Ny very few driveways are done in blacktop, Long island alot more are. It wasnt cheap but the look is awesome. I also did the same pavers in my yard.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments.:thumbup:

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sure a fresh coat of blacktop does wonders!! Looks good.:thumbup:

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Im sure a fresh coat of blacktop does wonders!! Looks good.:thumbup:
I actually had them rip out the whole driveway and grade it properly so the water would not go into the foundation of the house...it was really messed up before and unless I washed the car at the end of the driveway water would pool up at the front of the garage. The original driveway was a 15 year old driveway so it was time for a change.

Next house will get the full stone treatment. I really like how yours turned out.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually had them rip out the whole driveway and grade it properly so the water would not go into the foundation of the house...it was really messed up before and unless I washed the car at the end of the driveway water would pool up at the front of the garage. The original driveway was a 15 year old driveway so it was time for a change.

Next house will get the full stone treatment. I really like how yours turned out.
Yea, this one was also re pitched to make getting my vette in easier.!! Now I dont have to come out at a 90 degree angle!
Nice improvement 1Bad! I remember the driveway in your old sig, looks like mine :eek:
Yea. you know thats what made me realise it was time to do it.
That looks very nice, I'm in the planning stage of a garage additional & driveway install too. I hope to complete it this fall.

jdcraw
Thanks and good luck with yours!!
Beautiful work done there! Make sure you congrats them workers for doing a great job
Yup, definately, these guys did my yard at the beggining of the season and now i tied it all in with the same pavers.:thumbup:

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What you saw took a week, I also have the back yard done, heres a pic.

Attachments

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Each part took a bit under a week, If anyone in Ny needs a reco these guys were good.:thumbup:

· Registered
424 Posts
Wow nice backyard sir beautyful thanks for the inspiration and of course for sharing:thumbup:Take care :)
Damn driveway looks good, I hate having a HOA!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.