BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to taking a couple of decent pics... I've put clear lenses on it, the M3 steering wheel with tri-color stitching and a UUC Motorwerks Rob Knob Magnum on it.

btw... it's a 2002 Sapphire Black 330i, Sport Package, Xenon, Heated Seats and Moonroof.

Attachments

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Looks beautiful!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMHO The clears make a huge difference on the darker colors, especially black. Looks fantastic. If I wasn't so lazy about cleaning my car, and so sad everytime I do wash it and see the scratches, I probably would have had a much harder time choosing between black and silver (it was bad enough as it is).

·
Registered
375 Posts
FG3 said:
Well I finally got around to taking a couple of decent pics... I've put clear lenses on it, the M3 steering wheel with tri-color stitching and a UUC Motorwerks Rob Knob Magnum on it.

btw... it's a 2002 Sapphire Black 330i, Sport Package, Xenon, Heated Seats and Moonroof.
What are the part numbers for the clear lens and how much are they? Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
mbushnell said:
What is the deal with requiring to add orange reflectors to the front corners if you switch to clear front turn indicators?
In order for your car to be legal you need to have Oranger reflectors in the front side corners, and Red reflectors in the back. In the back your still fine if you add clears, however in the front in order to stay legal you would have to put reflectors on your bumper. This is why coupes come with clears from the factory and sedans don't, they already have the reflectors on the bumper.

Also in case you didn't know, your blinkers need to blink orange in the front, and red or orange in the back. If you get clears they should come with orange bulbs, it's recommended to go get some high temp silver paint from Home Depot and spray a light coat over them. This way they'll still glow orange, but you won't get the egg yolk look.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Check out a sedan next time you see one. They have reflectors built into the front turn signals and the tail lights. This has to be one of the dumbest laws on the books concerning motor vehicle safety. I wonder why BMW put the relectors on the coupe instead incorporating them into the lights like the sedan.

Cars are not bicycles. In Europe, where they don’t have reflectors like bikes, it’s quite easy to see a car from all angles at night.

If I had a choice I would lose the parking lights for the “city lights” in an instant.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Pics of my Sapphire Black 2002 330i

ak330i said:

What are the part numbers for the clear lens and how much are they? Thanks
Just call Maximillian Importing Co. (800-950-2002) and tell them you want clear lenses for your 2002 330i. They'll hook you up. $399 for the set. They're OEM with the BMW logo on them and everything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.