BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been following the original thread, http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402552 then you know whats been happening with the progress of my 530 being worked on. The warranty took responsibility for the new hood and repair of "fuel fill pocket" The costs associated with this repair, I was told ran close to 4 Grand. So even though the car is out of BMW Warranty for corrosion, there are dealers out there who will decide on an individual basis whether they can cover this per "goodwill"
In my case, and as you can see, the car is immaculate. So their decisioning was simple--"you're covered"

As I mentioned before, Ive been driving my other newly aquired BMW the X5 4.4i. Ive included a few pics of this as well.

So here is the final, finished product. I am extremely happy with the results. The paint is fantastic. The pics were taken while its cloudy out, but you get the picture. Later on Ill add some "sunny" pics.

Enjoy and comment away:)

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
They did a great job...silver paint is tough to match and it looks perfect. Mismatched silver paint is most obvious on a cloudy day.....and I see no mismatch in the pictures. By the way, your car is identical to mine. My front bumper also needs to be repainted...previous owner found a few too many curbs with the bumper.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did a great job...silver paint is tough to match and it looks perfect. Mismatched silver paint is most obvious on a cloudy day.....and I see no mismatch in the pictures. By the way, your car is identical to mine. My front bumper also needs to be repainted...previous owner found a few too many curbs with the bumper.
Thank you! You can post pics too. Id like to see.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Very nice... :)

mw

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it took some work on my part to get this perfect.

·
Registered
442 Posts
would you consider a clear bra? Im thining of getting my bumper and hood resprayed next summer and then getting a clear bra on. Rock chips on my bumper are an eyesore.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would you consider a clear bra? Im thining of getting my bumper and hood resprayed next summer and then getting a clear bra on. Rock chips on my bumper are an eyesore.
I should get one, right? Question is, where and how much?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I dont know how much they run. A wild guess would be no more than 200 for a bumper and hood. Thats a guess... Maybe get the fenders done too. I think getting someone who knows what theyre doing is the biggest thing. I hear alot about bubbles, peels etc. Then you have to know how to take care of it to avoid yellowing etc.

·
BadBrad
234 Posts
Just got done redoing the front end of my ride. Had some road rash and a cracked front bumper cover (we won't talk about that). Had the bumper reconditioned and added a few new parts. The body shop striped the hood then painted everything including blending into the front fenders. I didn't like the T in the lower grill so I used the M5 one. I drilled holes in the grill for the brake dusts then used a dremmel tool to make them diamond shape like the rest of the grill and finally used black tie wraps to connect to the ducts. I took all the parts off myself then re-installed them all. It helped that I have three cars so I could take my time and do it right. Take a look at some of the pics I took.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got done redoing the front end of my ride. Had some road rash and a cracked front bumper cover (we won't talk about that). Had the bumper reconditioned and added a few new parts. The body shop striped the hood then painted everything including blending into the front fenders. I didn't like the T in the lower grill so I used the M5 one. I drilled holes in the grill for the brake dusts then used a dremmel tool to make them diamond shape like the rest of the grill and finally used black tie wraps to connect to the ducts. I took all the parts off myself then re-installed them all. It helped that I have three cars so I could take my time and do it right. Take a look at some of the pics I took.
congrats, very nice job. Paint looks fantastic and so does the car.:thumbup:

·
BadBrad
234 Posts
Thanks Razzy.....It's a shame that the pics of our cars do not do them justice. As impressive as your car looks in the photos, I bet yours is equally better looking in person also.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Going to the body shop tomorrow to address the gas door issue! Your repair looks excellent!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts