BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased a full set of Brembo pads and rotors and would like to know if the rotors are fake or authentic.

- I did some research and the biggest flag is both front rotors have different thicknesses on the outside (6mm) and inside (8mm). The rears are uniform each but not to each other (6mm's and 7mm's).
- Another flag is that the two front and one rear rotor look similar but the other rear rotor looks completely different. It seems the three similar ones are UV coated but the last one is not.
- Also there are chip marks on the edge of the rotors. They are on the inside so I am not sure if it matters.

I understand that there are different manufacturing plants that produce these rotors but I can't get over the fact that the front rotors have different thicknesses on the outside (6mm) and inside (8mm) and the edge might be damaged.

Should I call the supplier and ask for a refund?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 105K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
20,967 Posts
Hello all, [ ... ] Should I call the supplier and ask for a refund? Thank you for your help.
No, call Brembo and ask them if you should call the supplier and ask for a refund.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts