BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I did an a/c compressor install couple weeks ago and I'm getting this weird vibration noise from the corragated aluminum hose around the high side tube that runs under the window washer tank to the accumulator/drier. Can someone post a pic of thiers so I can make sure I routed that thing the right way. It's seems like it's just hanging there and every once in a while it hits the natural frequency of the hose and brrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRR it growls for a sec or two then gone. Funny to watch it do it. anyways a pic of someone else's would be helpful to make sure I put that thing back in right.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sorry for not getting back sooner...from what I can see your install looks exactly like it does on my 01 330CI...would be hard to misroute these. I once had a vib issue like that on another vehicle after doing compressor install...I took it to a busy AC shop and the manager listened to it and said, "I think it is Harmonics" :confused:
He then explained he thought I had a loose mount...

after looking closely, I noticed that the braket, that the AC compressor was mounted to, was missing a bolt..the bottom bolt behind and below the compressor....anyhow, that is the first thing I would check...that all compressor mount bolts are secure and the supporting bracket to the block bolts too.
I replaced that bolt and tightened the others and all was well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.