·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Jon Shafer said:
Nice pics!

Some great looking cars there...

:thumbup:
i can't claim credit for the pictures...ripped from the other boards member. :)

it's a shame there wasn't a dealer sponsor like what you did in Calif. for bimmerfest west. this was setup by one of the local shop owners here in TO. don't get me wrong it was great event...but would've been better holding it at an actual dealership.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Links above didn't work for me.

Btw, Chris, were you there? I didn't see your car :dunno:

HA! I've found two pics of 7-er posted on maxbimmer site! At least somebody likes it :p

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Btw, I heard some guys say that they didn't recognize the 7-er with its hood open :lmao:

Fun Fact - our group from the Northern meeting started up in the following order - Z8, M5, E36 328, our 745i and the rest of the pack.

Z8 dissappeared into horizon as soon as we've highway :yikes:
Then M5 and 328 took a wrong turn and I was left at the lead with the rest 20-30 cars behind me :D FUN :)
After a while M5 caugh up with me, so we both were in the lead rest of the way :)

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
ChrisTO -

It was great finally meeting you! :thumbup: Hopefully I'll see you again at the "First Episode" in two weeks.

That Z8 was such a nice car. The show was a ton of fun. There were so many cars, tons of e30's and the 6er was really cool.

rost12 - I was wondering who's car was the 745i. Very nice! I think yours was the only new 7 there. :thumbup:

Webguy330i, 325xi-SteelGray and 3seriesbimmer also came out for the show. Thanks guys for coming out. I had a great time with everyone. :thumbup: I'm hoping 3seriesbimmer got back ok, he had only 1.5 hours of sleep the night before and drove 2.5 hours to get to my house. It took another hour to get up to the show and we were there from 10 AM - 6 PM. Very hot day with air temps in the mid 90's. Being in a parking lot made it even hotter.

One thing I noticed about our cars, they can run in idle in this heat for over two hours with no change in engine temp! :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Actually, at one point it appeared the guy with the Z8 annoyed with the lack of attention (Pete's car really drew them in) that he moved his car!

Congrats ACK on runner up for Best E46 and best ICE!

Hopefully Chris will post some pictures he and Tara took as well.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
Actually, at one point it appeared the guy with the Z8 annoyed with the lack of attention (Pete's car really drew them in) that he moved his car!

Congrats ACK on runner up for Best E46 and best ICE!

Hopefully Chris will post some pictures he and Tara took as well.
Thanks Jenea! :thumbup: Let either Chris or I know if you'll be coming out to the show in two weeks. That weekend should be a blast and we can check out those dancin' or wallflower skills, whichever you prefer. ;)

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ack - great meeting you..finally get to put a face to the name and ur car was truly amazing. what did you do with the stock stereo? i'm thinking maybe i can retrofit my mystery machine with the old parts(of course i'd buy it off of u). how did u place in the competition? top prize for best ICE? you should bring the trophy up for the next meet and flaunt it. :)

Chris/Tara/Jenea - nice meeting you all. hopefully it won't be as hot the next time you come up and we can actually talk instead of you 'chilling' in Chris' car. :)

if you folks plan on staying the weekend during the labour day weekend let me know...would be great to hang out with you...we could hit some of the bars in TO. i'm curious to see the 'wallflower skills'.

rost12 - i think we just missed each other. i didn't show up at the show till 2:30 or later...i guess you left before then. i didn't see any 7series when i arrived. hopefully at the next meet we can hookup. and check out that bad boy nuclear reactor under the hood of the 7series.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yeah, I think we left at around 2:30..
My father wasn't feeling well from that heat :(

It's a pity I didn't see you though. Your mistery machine would have looked refreshing after all those riced out bimmers :(

Ack - and I don't mean your car in any way :)

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
ChrisTO said:
Ack - great meeting you..finally get to put a face to the name and ur car was truly amazing. what did you do with the stock stereo? i'm thinking maybe i can retrofit my mystery machine with the old parts(of course i'd buy it off of u). how did u place in the competition? top prize for best ICE? you should bring the trophy up for the next meet and flaunt it. :)
Chris -

Check your PM. . .

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
rost12 said:
Yeah, I think we left at around 2:30..
My father wasn't feeling well from that heat :(

It's a pity I didn't see you though. Your mistery machine would have looked refreshing after all those riced out bimmers :(

Ack - and I don't mean your car in any way :)
I'll take that as a compliment! :D I tried to keep the car looking as stock as possible (with the trunk closed of course); its called a stealth install.

It was pretty damn hot. I was outside most of the day from 12 to 6. I was refreshing to get into my car and turn the AC on for the ride home.

If you are going to the First Episode show on Aug 31 and Sept 1, stop by and say hi. I'd like to meet you and check out your E65. The same crew (Webguy330i - Chris, Anthony, ChrisTO) will all be out that weekend.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ack said:

I'll take that as a compliment! :D
And you should, because it is :D

Ack said:

If you are going to the First Episode show on Aug 31 and Sept 1, stop by and say hi. I'd like to meet you and check out your E65. The same crew (Webguy330i - Chris, Anthony, ChrisTO) will all be out that weekend.
If you provide me with more info, address etc, I'll definetely show up :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts