Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on here for over a month now, I guess its about time to show some pictures.

Well here goes:

·
A Purist's Nightmare LOL
670 Posts
Congrats on your purchase... I live in Newport News and just bought a 2001 525i. You gonna have to tell me how you got those wheels so dang clean! :thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really easy to get them that clean. You greet the UPS man at the door, open the box, then mount.

I mounted the new wheels about 20 minutes before these pictures were taken.

·
A Purist's Nightmare LOL
670 Posts
fourwhls said:
It really easy to get them that clean. You greet the UPS man at the door, open the box, then mount.

I mounted the new wheels about 20 minutes before these pictures were taken.

Well I guess that will do it everytime. :thumbup:

·
Burnin up the road!
80 Posts
sweet!

man thats one sweet ride, nice pics. :thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replicas from wheelexchange.com. 18x8, 18x9.5 $688+shipping.

I ordered the tires from Tirerack and had them mounted locally. It came out to about $115 cheaper doing it that way.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
:jawdrop: I like :D Looks great! Did the UPS man help you put them on... I know if you were playing soccer he would kick the ball to you (well it was on TV) :rofl:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Oh by the way what is the warning sticker by the cup holders? Is it to say that drinks in the *pos* cup holders don't stay during low speed turns :rofl:

·
Slammed E39!
735 Posts
fourwhls - so how is the quality of the rims? How much was your whole tire and rim package all together? Looks like I'm going toward these replicas from wheel exchange. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
fourwhls said:
Replicas from wheelexchange.com. 18x8, 18x9.5 $688+shipping.

I ordered the tires from Tirerack and had them mounted locally. It came out to about $115 cheaper doing it that way.
Yeah - I ended up saving about a $100 by buying the tires locally and having them mounted - best thing is that I get lifetime balancing and rotation.

Have you had any issues with vibration at speed?

·
an audience of One
7,860 Posts
The Wheel Exchange should use the first pic on their web site - the rims look really good. Overall, great car :)

-Mark

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Beautiful car!!! What can i say...
But please, take off the WARNING sign there on the cupholders. (unless you like that kinda thing)
Congrats on your beauty AND 'beast'
Tom

·
Registered
226 Posts
mgianetto said:
Oh by the way what is the warning sticker by the cup holders? Is it to say that drinks in the *pos* cup holders don't stay during low speed turns :rofl:
No...it probably says, "WARNING - Cupholder designed to failed within 25 uses!" or "WARNING - use of this cupholder is hazardous to your carpet and wallet!"

Very nice looking car and wheels! What type wheels did you have before and what are you going to do with them?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the compliments. :)

To answer a few questions:

I ended up paying right at $1300 for the set after shipping, mounting, and balancing. I am very happy with the quality of the wheels.

No balance issues so far. You can definitely feel the road a little more than the 17s.

Warning sticker will be gone...need to get some goo-b-gone, before I peel.

I took a set of staggered 17" type 32s off the car. I will put them up for sale shortly. They are curb rashed and the clearcoat is peeling. They will work for snow or track wheels, but thats about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
fourwhls said:
Thanks for all the compliments. :)

To answer a few questions:

I ended up paying right at $1300 for the set after shipping, mounting, and balancing. I am very happy with the quality of the wheels.

No balance issues so far. You can definitely feel the road a little more than the 17s.

Warning sticker will be gone...need to get some goo-b-gone, before I peel.

I took a set of staggered 17" type 32s off the car. I will put them up for sale shortly. They are curb rashed and the clearcoat is peeling. They will work for snow or track wheels, but thats about it.
Great looking car!! I wish mine was that clean. Almost makes me sad that mine looks a little more "aged", and I'm in a 2002 (530). Anyway...was thinking of that same setup, so I have a couple of questions. Is your car lowered at all? What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Nice clean looking E39. :thumbup: Those rims really set the car off. Belated welcome to the E39 family and bimmerfest. :wave:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Car looks great...so great that I would even let you clean my car! :thumbup: Maybe then I will post pictures of mine... Oohhhh...dsp, heated seats...nice nice. I see you went with kuhmo tires...like em? What are the two little squares located in front of the lights (mounted on the bumper)? Overall car rating....saa-weeeet :thumbup:

P.S.
I think you might have left your fog lights on :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts