BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
how fast were u goin meow
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to finish up adding navigation to my car. I tested the system yesterday and it started fine. Now after disconnecting the monitor and plugging it back in, the pin code prompt comes up. I didn't put one in and the 10 minute countdown is just staying at 9:59. I pulled the battery twice waiting 10 minutes each time before reconnecting and I'm still having no luck. Any suggestions?

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
I've heard of this, I think you need a code supplied by the dealer- I think they need some numbers off the screen housing and then can get you a code- not sure. good luck.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Key in accessory position. Disconnect battery for a couple minutes. Reconnect battery. This whole time the key is to remain in the same position.

If this does not work, disconnect your navigation computer and drive to the dealer

^^ tyrone is the man

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips, but still nothing trying either one. Even if I disconnect the navi computer and the monitor, its still asking me for a code. Now that the dealer is open, I called them and they sound clueless. So even if I towed it there, I wonder what they would do? Has anyone else heard what e39dream heard about a code from the dealer(which it seems like they don't know about)?

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it to clear!:D

I disconnected the radio harness from the retrofit harness and then hooked up the old MID. I put the key in and the countdown from 10 started. I'm not too surprised that the dealer never called me back. I'm going to leave it like this untill I get the car recoded for nav.

·
Registered
954 Posts
This happened to me. It was because the navigation computer had not been coded to the car. Rare, but it can happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts