BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
Pipes hell!

What's that going accross the top...?

Those heatshields are a pain to get off without scratching the paint, but wait until you try to put them back on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Nice strut-bar :D
 

·
BMW Fan
Joined
·
540 Posts
ok ron...you cannot do this to us (especially me)
you having that nice strut brace by yourslef is no fair :)
when can we buy one???
 

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DCC said:
ok ron...you cannot do this to us (especially me)
you having that nice strut brace by yourslef is no fair :)
when can we buy one???
What your looking at is the model. The CNC guy that made the strut cap models didn't do them and some other things like I specified. So, I'm moving on.
What this did though, is let me come up with a non interference cross piece with the engineering help of the Maddux Boys with Dad.
Tried it on a '97 M3 a week or so ago, so we have that covered.
The final look is within what you see and also without.
Dropped off the model strut caps to be powder coated in M3 Motorsport strut brace semi-black Monday to see how they will look.
Will be looking for a local 3D CNC guy soon. I know I keep saying that. I have a lot of things in the works and the non interesting shit keeps getting in the way.
 

·
BMW Fan
Joined
·
540 Posts
ron,
did you get my earlier email regarding oil for my s54 m coupe?
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
*idly wonders who the assman is* :p
 

·
Dare to be different
Joined
·
90 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I have started thinking about strut braces, and wanted to know if the Stygar Strut Brace will come into production or not.

I understand it may not be the highest on your list of priorities, but here is to hoping it will! :thumbup:

If not, does anyone know about the ACS strut brace? It looks very high-tech (and $$$$), but does it fit the MC?
 

·
Living on the redline
Joined
·
27,238 Posts
ugh-ly pipes :eek:



perty pipes :)

 

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anders said:
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I have started thinking about strut braces, and wanted to know if the Stygar Strut Brace will come into production or not.
I understand it may not be the highest on your list of priorities, but here is to hoping it will! :thumbup:
I dropped off the stuff the third week of September to the 3D CNC guy
to make the prototype which he is doing to my liking for $1800.00. Have no ideas what number two will cost. He said that he would call me when he has something for me to look at.
 

·
Do it Right (eventually)
Joined
·
67 Posts
These two sets look different

Is it me or is there a difference in the routing of the pipes.
Especially #2 & 3. Are both sets the same part #s??
Rons looks like #2 goes over the outside and on the Alum coat #3 goes over the outside.

TeamZ4 said:
ugh-ly pipes :eek:



perty pipes :)

 

·
Investigative Tinkerer
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
MarkL said:
Is it me or is there a difference in the routing of the pipes.
Especially #2 & 3. Are both sets the same part #s??
Rons looks like #2 goes over the outside and on the Alum coat #3 goes over the outside.
Ron's are oem North American, Danno's coated pipes are European. The Euro catalysts are moved under the floor instead of at the end of the header's collector.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top