BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow, it's moving along quickly. What port are you near in the U.S.? Mine will head toward Baltimore, MD, eventually. Did I mention that I heard from a relative's in-law that her 850i convertible has been at Bremerhaven port for like 5 weeks, always something.
I sure hope hope mine gets out of Bremerhaven sooner than 5 weeks! I live in Minnesota. I assume my car will go to Baltimore. Lots of things could go wrong but everything is progressing nicely at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you are right my hyundai SUV gets 19-20mpg, right now the bmw is showing 15mpg ave. Prob getting around 17 local driving.
it's tough because I came from a 911 that was easily 24mpg w spirited driving. yes i know 6cyl vs 8cyl, but just talking driving dynamics and fun and value, 911 wins.
wow, my m550 avg over 23 and in supersaver mode - over 28 on in D7 at 55mph....but most of my driving is freeway and I keep my foot out of it until oil gets to less than 70/brl wti.- the irony here is that we are exporting oil and nat gas cuz the corp profits rule. Some though have tarriffs that keep the oil here...yay. But then it is a g30 with the m5 package.....around 500hp. It is a german car but not a VW....Enjoy your new car...your lucky if you got it at msrp...so many cars are being marked pup over 10%.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
Dispatched from factory as of today!

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
After sitting in Bremerhaven for over 2 weeks, finally I have movement! Hawaiian Highway just got to Bremerhaven yesterday so I assume that is my ship.

View attachment 1045084
Mine also "IN TRANSIT!". I'll confirm with Genius or my dealer for ship assignment this morning, but I think your assumption is correct!

Reactions: Brucelinc

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Mine also "IN TRANSIT!". I'll confirm with Genius or my dealer for ship assignment this morning, but I think your assumption is correct!
Let us know what they say. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and was told that it had not been assigned to a ship yet. I was surprised when I checked the website this morning. I thought it was often a day or so behind.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
Let us know what they say. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and was told that it had not been assigned to a ship yet. I was surprised when I checked the website this morning. I thought it was often a day or so behind.
OK weird, but I just talked to BMW NA, the vessel is "Hoegh Trapper", left yesterday and expected in Baltimore on 11/27! Long itinerary I guess. I am just looking it up trying to find more details on it.

UPDATE: https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sailing-schedule#?schedule=vessel&vessel=TRPR

Go to Customer Centre and select "My Cargo". I entered my VIN and see its status.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
What the H--- is going on with this ship???
View attachment 1045347
What do you mean? Tracker shows it nearing the west edge of Ireland, heading for open ocean. Looks like the next destination, Baltimore, is not updated yet. Was there something else maybe I hadn't noticed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
What do you mean? Tracker shows it nearing the west edge of Ireland, heading for open ocean. Looks like the next destination, Baltimore, is not updated yet. Was there something else maybe I hadn't noticed?
The tracker looks fine. I was concerned that it indicates the ship's destination is Southhampton and the ETA is November 25. That must not have updated. It still says:

The current position of HOEGH TRAPPER is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 49.50175 N / 5.37219 W) reported 1 min ago by AIS. The vessel is en route to the port of Southampton, United Kingdom (UK), sailing at a speed of 13.2 knots and expected to arrive there on Nov 25, 22:00.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
The tracker looks fine. I was concerned that it indicates the ship's destination is Southhampton and the ETA is November 25. That must not have updated. It still says:

The current position of HOEGH TRAPPER is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 49.50175 N / 5.37219 W) reported 1 min ago by AIS. The vessel is en route to the port of Southampton, United Kingdom (UK), sailing at a speed of 13.2 knots and expected to arrive there on Nov 25, 22:00.
BTW, just posted to that other thread in General Questions. Based on that other guy's experience, I just paid $5.97 USD to outvin.com and finally got my VIN decoded! Everything is there including HK upgrade. I already knew the kick-to-open tailgate and digital key would be deleted.

Oh, if you go to the Hoegh shipper site, it still shows 11/27 for arrival in Baltimore. And if I recall, they may unload at Sparrows Point, just below the Baltimore port stop, 11/26. Time will tell. Based on weather, wind, etc., it could change a day or 2. And it's interesting, there always seems to be a moving windy area in the northern track from UK to US. It seems to move northward but another area keeps pushing upward.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
9,155 Posts
I activated satellite tracking! And if I recall, it takes at least one day, maybe more, to navigate up the Chesapeake Bay once it reaches the eastern U.S. coast. It can't go straight west into the Baltimore port.

Water Sky Map Font Rectangle

Reactions: Brucelinc

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I activated satellite tracking! And if I recall, it takes at least one day, maybe more, to navigate up the Chesapeake Bay once it reaches the eastern U.S. coast. It can't go straight west into the Baltimore port.

View attachment 1045481
As long as it arrives in Baltimore around the 27th of November, I will be happy. Unless there are delays at the VPC, I should have my car before Christmas. We will be traveling a few hundred miles at that time and would prefer to do it in the BMW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now the wait begins! A dealer had a stock order (112 status) that we were able to modify slightly to fit my needs. I am hoping that the chip shortage doesn't screw something up. I am getting Alpine White with Mocha Nappa Leather, premium package, driving assistance pro package, ventilated massaging seats, and heated steering wheel.

The status 112 order has the parking assistance package and I really hope the car can be built with that. I know it is not available current orders. The pictures are from the website but is what the car should look like. View attachment 1041796 View attachment 1041797
You must be enjoying.
Take great care pal!

41 - 60 of 113 Posts