BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
I must admit....I am getting very excited. 馃槂
I hope my dealer doesn't hold an online auction on my car before they call me to take delivery! Or a rogue sales person who makes some side deal on my "sold" car order. Paranoia is now setting in :).

• Haha
Reactions: Brucelinc

Registered
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I have been thinking about trying to swap the run-flat tires that will be on my car for some non run flats. The only M550s that I was able to test drive prior to ordering were used 2020 models that were equipped with 19 inch all-season non run-flats. They rode very nicely and were quiet. I am a little concerned about ride quality and noise with the 19 inch all-season Pirelli or Continental run-flats that will be on my car.

I know there are many threads and opinions about this. Everyone seems to have a difference criteria for what they consider comfortable and quiet. I guess I just need to drive the car before I decide.

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
I have been thinking about trying to swap the run-flat tires that will be on my car for some non run flats. The only M550s that I was able to test drive prior to ordering were used 2020 models that were equipped with 19 inch all-season non run-flats. They rode very nicely and were quiet. I am a little concerned about ride quality and noise with the 19 inch all-season Pirelli or Continental run-flats that will be on my car.

I know there are many threads and opinions about this. Everyone seems to have a difference criteria for what they consider comfortable and quiet. I guess I just need to drive the car before I decide.
People tend to make a big deal about run flats, just to vent I think. I've had run flats now on 4 BMW's, they were always quiet and smooth running. My last '18 540i MSport had 19" Conti all season run flats and were fine. I expect a similar ride with my '22. I've also had several nail punctures repaired with those and no issue at all. (They never really went flat, which could result in sidewall damage).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I assume our ship hasn't sunk, gotten hit my a meteorite or crashed into an iceberg yet. :)

I have been watching numerous youtube videos regarding some of the technology features my car will have. There might be a learning curve for me on some of it. I am really looking forward to actually playing with some of the features.

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
I assume our ship hasn't sunk, gotten hit my a meteorite or crashed into an iceberg yet. :)

I have been watching numerous youtube videos regarding some of the technology features my car will have. There might be a learning curve for me on some of it. I am really looking forward to actually playing with some of the features.
My still-in-transit car is showing up as "current inventory arriving soon" on my dealer's website, with build specifications and generic images. Shows "9 views in the last 7 days". Not happy about this general population visibility. Includes a button to schedule a test drive! I stopped by the dealer this morning and was assured they know it's my car and their dealer network process normally shows all incoming and present stock, previously sold or not.

Back when I bought my '14 535i with Individual paint and leather, the sales person said several people inquired about it as it sat in the delivery staging area awaiting my arrival for pick-up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
My still-in-transit car is showing up as "current inventory arriving soon" on my dealer's website, with build specifications and generic images. Shows "9 views in the last 7 days". Not happy about this general population visibility. Includes a button to schedule a test drive! I stopped by the dealer this morning and was assured they know it's my car and their dealer network process normally shows all incoming and present stock, previously sold or not.

Back when I bought my '14 535i with Individual paint and leather, the sales person said several people inquired about it as it sat in the delivery staging area awaiting my arrival for pick-up.
You gotta like the "arriving soon" part!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
My dealer's website has no 5 series in stock but 4 listed as "in transit." None of them are mine so they are either segregating mine from the those or the 4 are coming sooner.

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
Have you checked vessel position lately? It's about in line, vertically, with Newfoundland and closing in! It has also passed through the areas of higher wind speeds.

Attachments

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
Smooth sailing from now on! 馃洺
From my dealer's inventory, I plugged in many of the other VINs noted as "in transit ", I didn't see any on this ship.

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
Remember the other ship line, Hawaiian Highway? It's just entered the lower bay area near Virginia Beach to head north to Baltimore. Hoegh Trapper is gaining!

Attachments

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
Our ship should easily get to Baltimore by Friday. I wonder if the VPC operates on Saturdays?
I read some article about the VPC's, and I think they do, but it might depend on volume. Also "sold" cars are prioritized ;). I'm probably going to add it to my insurance ahead of time, in the next couple days, to be ready for the documentation my dealer will request to deliver the car. I'm still not happy about it showing up on their inventory list for general viewing. Oh, you know there's a "road home" incentive on 5's through end of November? Hopefully there will be something extended in Dec also. My sales manager said he can make a call and get it thru in a day or so after arrival, we'll see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Excuse what may be stupid questions but how are BMWs transported from the VPC to the dealers...train or truck? After the ship arrives, will a genius be able to give me a pretty accurate date that my car will be at the dealership?

Just trying to plan ahead....and getting anxious....:)

Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
Thanks. My car will be there tomorrow. Hoping for a quick processing and on the truck by sometime next week.
Hey there Bruce, yeah, trying to contain my "psyched-ness"! I'm only about an hour from Baltimore, how long is a drive to you? They may be able to tell us the trucker schedule, but it may actually get to the dealer before I find that out. I had found the old thread here on bimmerfest from someone a couple years ago that had even more tracking detail with the trucking info at
Code:
url
Bimmerfest guide to tracking your BMW from factory to...
Code:
/url

61 - 80 of 81 Posts