BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Mobile 1 5W30 Synthetic Oil suitable for winter drive in Toronto for 2007 525XI?
Any one knows where can I pick up the Oil Filter close to Mississauga/Okville Area?
Canadian Tire Carries Fram Oil Filter (Part # CH10075) for $8.99 but I am not sure if I should trust Fram!:dunno:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
I don't believe the Mobil one 5W30 at CanTire meets BMW LL01 specs. You may want to check the specs on the bottle.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If your manual calls for a BMW LL01 (extended drain) oil, I'd say go with the Mobil 1 0w40 European Formula - readily available in the US at local auto part retailers. Not sure if its readily available in Canada though.

As far as filters, the Mann HU816x is the OEM replacement filter (If you get a BMW filter at the dealer you'll likely get a Mann filter just labeled with the BMW brand). Mann filters are easily obtained from many internet parts suppliers - about $11 US. If you plan to change your own oil regularly, just order 3 or 4 at a time. :)

I've seen this filter in local auto parts retailers like Advanced Auto sold under the Purolator brand.... But when you open the box and look at the filter, its actually a Mann filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts