BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my name is krish, I am planning to buy a certified BMW 328 Xi coupe 2008. There are a few in the market but found a few in a place called Open road BMW if anyone here is from NJ and knows about it, please tell me how they are in terms of price. I found a few quoted at $25k and $28k with 40k or less than 40k miles. I needed help on a negotiating price to start at. What would be a fair amount to start offering on the vehicle. The 2 cars I am looking at state on carfax that the cars have been for sale since December 2010. Was funny to hear the salesman on the phone tell me they will be gone soon if I don't act fast ^_^. There are other dealers around with the same models but a bit further so I thought i would give this a shot unless anyone here is from NJ and knows a good place for CPO.

So just to break down my story. There are 2 BMW 328 XI coupes I found at open road of Edison. One has 38k miles Monaco blue at $25,995 and a alpine white 40k miles at $28,995. Where should I start my offers at? They are both CPO and have the extended warranty. I will also be trading in a Scion tc 2008 White with 30k miles in great condition. At this point still debating if I should still sell privatly but i have 3k left to pay off on it. Going in 3 days to get the dealer to appraise the TC and test drive the 328.

Any/All information will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tough to give an answer on this since there are so many variables in the cars. The addition/deletion of packages will swing the prices several thousand dollars in either direction. I would go to edmunds.com and use their TMV for your trade and intended purchase and see where you end up. At least you have something you can point as to where you came up with your offer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the information on the cars state they don't have any packages besides smoker package lol. That's pretty much all I can say bout the cars. There are a few in New York about 40 minutes from me with a price range $2k higher but comes with a sport package including navigation, etc. The mileage seems the same.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well the information on the cars state they don't have any packages besides smoker package lol. That's pretty much all I can say bout the cars. There are a few in New York about 40 minutes from me with a price range $2k higher but comes with a sport package including navigation, etc. The mileage seems the same.
I just bought a 2008xi today. i was negotiating with dealerships all over the east coast.

Couple of quick notes: you can get a 328xi with 30k miles, nav+premium+cold pkg for $28,000. Black on Black.

But the guy is right -- once the lot on the market sells out, they won't negotiate much because there aren't going to be too many used BMWs expected to roll thru for the next 6-7 months. Got this from a Finance manager in OH and a salesguy in NJ -- so it is credible info.

As a general rule: they will go $2000 lower than their list price. If you can push it, 3000.

Open Road includes BMW Roxbury and I got them to go from 32,400 on one of their cars to 29,000. I wanted it for 28,250 so the deal didn't work out.....and that was just last week.

So i hope all this info helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i passed on this one since i didn't feel comfortable getting a car that had gone straight from a bmw dealer to auction:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...field=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

But they agreed to sell this car for 27,300 (all fees included). A dealership will ask for 29,000.

Hope this gives you an idea now.
That's actually what I am expecting from the dealers to come down and give me a total price with everything included. Although I am trying to get them to go lower. The market as of right now has a big stock of BMW 328XI's and it's not a big deal to me if I don't get it right now so I am able to give the attitude that If they don't lower I can just walk out.

Only thing with yours is it's not certified. For some reason I'm not allowed to get a used BMW unless its certified or the family just says no. At this point there are few more options with $1500 cash back rebate or 0.9% finance or free maintenance for 6 years/ 100k miles. I managed to get a dealership to reduce a Black BMW 328XI with sport + premium and 18in sport wheels, Idrive, and navigation and a whole lot of features from 29,995 to 28,600 with a email negotiation. At the moment I am getting offers from other dealerships and trying to get them to give me a price with tax and fee's included.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's actually what I am expecting from the dealers to come down and give me a total price with everything included. Although I am trying to get them to go lower. The market as of right now has a big stock of BMW 328XI's and it's not a big deal to me if I don't get it right now so I am able to give the attitude that If they don't lower I can just walk out.

Only thing with yours is it's not certified. For some reason I'm not allowed to get a used BMW unless its certified or the family just says no. At this point there are few more options with $1500 cash back rebate or 0.9% finance or free maintenance for 6 years/ 100k miles. I managed to get a dealership to reduce a Black BMW 328XI with sport + premium and 18in sport wheels, Idrive, and navigation and a whole lot of features from 29,995 to 28,600 with a email negotiation. At the moment I am getting offers from other dealerships and trying to get them to give me a price with tax and fee's included.
i'm in canada so i cant use CPO.

Don't email them -- call and say you're looking for a deal, you can pay and are a serious buyer. You'll get attention.

If you want me to give you some sales people names in NJ -- give me a shout by PM.

I bought mine from BMW Store, Cincinnati and they were nice to deal with. Not the lowest price but ok, fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm in canada so i cant use CPO.

Don't email them -- call and say you're looking for a deal, you can pay and are a serious buyer. You'll get attention.

If you want me to give you some sales people names in NJ -- give me a shout by PM.

I bought mine from BMW Store, Cincinnati and they were nice to deal with. Not the lowest price but ok, fine.
At this point I can only email with my schedule but it has seem to gotten a lot of attention since these cars have been in the lot for a few months. They would email saying my offer is low then say they will find cheaper car for me and I would reply back saying nvm I will look at another dealership as I'm looking to buy soon (In a more professional write up) and they would reply back with an offer lower than sticker lol. I will start checking out dealerships near by but the closest is the Open Road BMW of Edison but I am willing to go few other spots in NJ if they got what i want and the sales man are good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
At this point I can only email with my schedule but it has seem to gotten a lot of attention since these cars have been in the lot for a few months. They would email saying my offer is low then say they will find cheaper car for me and I would reply back saying nvm I will look at another dealership as I'm looking to buy soon (In a more professional write up) and they would reply back with an offer lower than sticker lol. I will start checking out dealerships near by but the closest is the Open Road BMW of Edison but I am willing to go few other spots in NJ if they got what i want and the sales man are good.
Trust me -- emails aren't so conducive to negotiation as is over the phone or face-face.

Hassel BMW, Habberstad, Open Road Group --- these 3 in the ny/nj area have the most inventory.

Since you live there, i suggest going there and talking to the sales guys.....they'll be more aggressive to sell when you're there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Trust me -- emails aren't so conducive to negotiation as is over the phone or face-face.

Hassel BMW, Habberstad, Open Road Group --- these 3 in the ny/nj area have the most inventory.

Since you live there, i suggest going there and talking to the sales guys.....they'll be more aggressive to sell when you're there.
Yea the one's I am negotiating with are a bit further. Those dealerships I will be going to in person soon. Hopefully the open road Edison doesn't stick me with someone that can't help.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
N54
3,427 Posts
Hey guys my name is krish, I am planning to buy a certified BMW 328 Xi coupe 2008. There are a few in the market but found a few in a place called Open road BMW if anyone here is from NJ and knows about it, please tell me how they are in terms of price. I found a few quoted at $25k and $28k with 40k or less than 40k miles. I needed help on a negotiating price to start at. What would be a fair amount to start offering on the vehicle. The 2 cars I am looking at state on carfax that the cars have been for sale since December 2010. Was funny to hear the salesman on the phone tell me they will be gone soon if I don't act fast ^_^. There are other dealers around with the same models but a bit further so I thought i would give this a shot unless anyone here is from NJ and knows a good place for CPO.

So just to break down my story. There are 2 BMW 328 XI coupes I found at open road of Edison. One has 38k miles Monaco blue at $25,995 and a alpine white 40k miles at $28,995. Where should I start my offers at? They are both CPO and have the extended warranty. I will also be trading in a Scion tc 2008 White with 30k miles in great condition. At this point still debating if I should still sell privatly but i have 3k left to pay off on it. Going in 3 days to get the dealer to appraise the TC and test drive the 328.

Any/All information will be greatly appreciated.
Have you thought about broadening your search to look at 328i (RWD) coupes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.