BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure there are tons of these threads but I haven't been able to find them with search, if someone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

I want to fix the plastic ring around the speaker in my passenger door panel, Anybody know where I can get a new housing with an intact ring?

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Look up the part number on realoem.com and google search on it. You should find lots of sources both new and used.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found a few on ebay but they look a little different than the Harmon Kardon speaker housings, I don't think they'd work?

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,117 Posts
I thought that you were looking for just the tweeter surround? Look closer at it; it looks the same. At less than half the cost of new - if you can even find them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought a pair of speaker housings for the harman kardon on ebay! $55. Hopefully these ones stay intact... I'm doubtful.

·
1,117 Posts
Yay! :thumbup: Post back when you get them and let others know how it worked out. Some of these parts are getting hard to find or afford.:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. It'll likely be a while as I also just ordered the bavsound setup and apparently it's 6-8 weeks on backorder and I'll do everything all at once.

·
1,117 Posts
Note that the internals are different for HK and non-HK sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's probably going to gut those housings if he's installing the full BAVsound kit. I'm interested in see the final install and review.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not certain but I think bavsound makes something different for the HK/non-HK versions. The speakers slot right in to the HK housings with a little bit of glue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts