BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, stuck in plastidip hell. Have used it successfully on many other vehicles... my first "glossifier" experience. So decided to dip my kidney grills. That went well. Looked perfect. Was about to reinstall them when I stumbled upon the glossy/ matte debate. I figured... what the heck. Give the new glossifier crap a try. What a mistake. Perfectly dipped grills ended up with a hammer like finished. Looked like complete ass.

Enter the let's remove the dip from the grills phase. Spent the better part of 4 hours and chemicals varying from goof off to full strength nautical acetone trying to remove dip from grills. Sure, it peeled off no problem from the chrome outer trim, but the fins? Good ****ing luck. Ruined.

Threw in the towel, smoothed the ****ty mess out as best I could and just slathered dip on to hide the mistakes. Ordered random black grills off Amazon so this **** job will have to do until they arrive.

Holy crap. Btw goof off also destroys the chrome on the fins.

Fun fun fun

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Plastidip should be a banned substance - I have heard the glossifier makes it hard as hell to remove - hardly worth the effort grills are so cheap these days anyway!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts