BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to go in the market for a pre-facelifted E38 (love the lights) in the coming weeks and trying to research a few issues I want to get solved right after I buy.
Most likely, the car I will buy will have a 4:3 Display with Navigation and Cassete player.

One of my favorite things is to be able to listen to music from my phone or USB when driving and I want to know if it is possible to retrofit a an Aux/USB cable from the existing HUD.

If not, I am also looking maybe replacing the whole HUD with an Android system from China. Though they state it will be able to fit a E38, they comment that the HVAC will prevent the unit from fitting. Someone said that modding and removing the DVD functionality will allow these HUD to fit. I would love if someone had instructions on how to do this?

Any other methods to allow me to listen to MP3 from the phone or USB without spending a fortune on the car.

Thanks,
RR

·
Registered
169 Posts
STOP PLEASE DONT KILL THE CAR!

In my opinion aftermarket radio are useless because you loose the MPG and temp display on the factory radios.

You should like I have buy a 16:9 BMW radio and there is a tape behind the screen so you buy a tape/aux put it in and the wire sticks out above the unit and bam you got your iPhone playing music without ripping out speakers or crazy cutting of wires.

I hate seeing people kill theses cars.. Downgrading because there cheap or think it looks cool.

If you replace the radio a aftermarket you will need to replace all the speakers on the car...

(A car I bought for parts)
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1468975259.961567.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts