BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 550i has had a dragging sleep start issues for about 6 months. You at least have to push start twice for it to finally pick up. Started up fine last week one day and my daughter drove it to town and stir it off and it will not do anything now. Can’t jump it off... it dings when you open the door like normal so I feel the battery is ok... but we can’t figure out the issue. Any suggestions would be great. My husband seems to think it could be a starter or a ground cable under the vehicle somewhere?? Omg anyone please if you have any advice please let us know. This car has been a drain pool of money. Can’t sell if we can’t figure out the issue to fix to sale. Battery was replaced last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello it***8217;s might be the starter is there any work done recently on the car (underneath the car) if yes check the negative cable if no try to heat the starter .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually he replaced the starter and one of the ground cables that was oiled up and frayed a great bit. Still just turns over but will not crank. Has a brand spanking new battery. It threw the code that the DME/CAS was out align. Is that a possible problem and how hard is that fix and money involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts