BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My xenon headlights are not matching up with each other. Is there a way I can adjust them? Second, my passenger mirror does not move, I can't adjust it and it wont move when I reverse. Please help. Thanks alot.
 

· Registered
2015 X5 xDrive35i MSport 2013 X5 xDrive35i
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
benathon said:
Hi,
My xenon headlights are not matching up with each other. Is there a way I can adjust them? Second, my passenger mirror does not move, I can't adjust it and it wont move when I reverse. Please help. Thanks alot.
As far as I know the only way to "adjust" HID colors is the change the bulbs.
The mirror problem could be a faulty mirror head, faulty memory module or the wiring in between or a fuse, or just a software glitch in the module. I had to take my wife's X back as both mirrors dipped on reverse. That was a software problem.
BMW, like Microsoft use consumers to debug their software! Many, many problems with stupid software glitches.
If I missed anything I'm sure some RKI will put you right.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zulu95 said:
As far as I know the only way to "adjust" HID colors is the change the bulbs.
The mirror problem could be a faulty mirror head, faulty memory module or the wiring in between or a fuse, or just a software glitch in the module. I had to take my wife's X back as both mirrors dipped on reverse. That was a software problem.
BMW, like Microsoft use consumers to debug their software! Many, many problems with stupid software glitches.
If I missed anything I'm sure some RKI will put you right.
Well I checked the fuses and that wasn't it. It's weird that the drivers side works but not the passenger. And I don't want to change the color of my HID, one side is just higher than the other, it's like aiming somewhere else.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
benathon said:
Hi,
My xenon headlights are not matching up with each other. Is there a way I can adjust them? Second, my passenger mirror does not move, I can't adjust it and it wont move when I reverse. Please help. Thanks alot.
Behind each headlight, you will find two knobs that allow for adjustment. The inner one is for vertical and outter one is lateral adjustment. Park in a small distance away from your garage door in the evening and you should be able to see exactly where they are pointing. Adjust them as required. Although the dealer did mine at no charge when I was having other work done there! :thumbup:

Setting the small switch left/right is what controls whether or not the mirror will tilt when reversing. If that's not working then you may have a defective switch in the driver's side door. I know someone who had it replaced on their 540i for the same problem as water got in there when the window was open. :dunno:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Wolfwalker23 said:
like king said... if you have the mirror selector turned to the passenger side, then it will not tilt down in reverse. you must put it back in the driver side position for it to work. freaked me out a couple times.
As far as the headlights not lining up, BMW X5 lights are not supposed to be lined up. The left light is actually tilted slightly down which is why when you are pointing your lights at a wall they look uneven. This is done so your left Xenon is not shining in the eyes of oncomming traffic. I assume its not a big deal to adjust them.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I know about having the switch on the left and right. But when I have it on the right, I can't even adjust my passenger mirror. And it snowed today and I never relized how much the heated mirrors help. I checked the fuses.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
King said:
Behind each headlight, you will find two knobs that allow for adjustment. The inner one is for vertical and outter one is lateral adjustment. Park in a small distance away from your garage door in the evening and you should be able to see exactly where they are pointing. Adjust them as required. Although the dealer did mine at no charge when I was having other work done there! :thumbup:

Setting the small switch left/right is what controls whether or not the mirror will tilt when reversing. If that's not working then you may have a defective switch in the driver's side door. I know someone who had it replaced on their 540i for the same problem as water got in there when the window was open. :dunno:
Can you be a little more desriptive on what these knobs look like? Thanks.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top