BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My troubles started with Carly which failed coding and left my 2019 BMW G30's BDC in a bad state, with many errors in the car status, windows wouldn't roll up, no blind spot detection, no TPM, as well as other issues. I decided to try to flash the BDC to fix this (probably not a good idea). Along with the BDC I tried to flash DKOMBI & HU_NBT2.

HU_NBT2 succeeded, but BDC and DKOMBI failed. I now have a black instrument cluster. I wanted to try to VO code DKOMBI again, but it doesn't even show in Expert Mode coding as an ECU. DKOMBI is all red now in TAL Calculating as well:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Before I continue messing things up, I figured I'd reach out here to see if someone can help me figure out how to fix the mess I created.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
46,907 Posts
<[BDC_BODY2 - 40] Failed ProgrammingPrecondition ECUId:BDC_BODY2_0x40 error ID:1 - engine speed is not null [THROWABLE]>

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,654 Posts
did you have a PSU on it ? I'm curious txs
if so was it a proper PSU (not a battery charger and what was the amperage)

·
Registered
F30 320d 8HP
27 Posts
No, I didn't have a PSU on it, I just had the engine running. Was that the mistake that made it worse?
Shawn already posted a line from the logs you sent where it says that BDC_BODY2 flashing did not start as it did not meet the precondition "engine speed not null", aka engine should not be running when flashing BDC.
So yes, in order to flash the BDC you need to have the engine off (and a proper PSU, unless you want to be in a world of pain).

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,654 Posts
I am by no mean an expert, when it comes to coding/programming my knowledge and experience is limited to what I know. That said a friend on here who also is a BMW tech advised me NEVER to not use a PSU of at least 45amps, for very minimal coding and at least 100 for major. I have a 45a I use with my bimmercode and most may laugh, I havent bricked anything yet.

IMHO running the engine and not have a PSU on when program didn't help, the actual problem which the others chimed in could have been the issue, but before doing anywork, make sure you have all the correct tools, get a full explanation and advise from people that know, and even then adopt a "belt and braces" approach.

Kinda the gates open and the horse and bolted, plenty of folks replies on here who can help, I was just curious if you did have a PSU, a lot of people poo poo PSU's and say they use a battery charger or engine running, but then you don't hear when things go wrong because they didn't use a PSU.

I would in short say it was a mistake but I don't know if it made it worse.

Good luck

No, I didn't have a PSU on it, I just had the engine running. Was that the mistake that made it worse?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts