BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,157 Posts
did you have a PSU on it ? I'm curious txs
if so was it a proper PSU (not a battery charger and what was the amperage)

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,157 Posts
I am by no mean an expert, when it comes to coding/programming my knowledge and experience is limited to what I know. That said a friend on here who also is a BMW tech advised me NEVER to not use a PSU of at least 45amps, for very minimal coding and at least 100 for major. I have a 45a I use with my bimmercode and most may laugh, I havent bricked anything yet.

IMHO running the engine and not have a PSU on when program didn't help, the actual problem which the others chimed in could have been the issue, but before doing anywork, make sure you have all the correct tools, get a full explanation and advise from people that know, and even then adopt a "belt and braces" approach.

Kinda the gates open and the horse and bolted, plenty of folks replies on here who can help, I was just curious if you did have a PSU, a lot of people poo poo PSU's and say they use a battery charger or engine running, but then you don't hear when things go wrong because they didn't use a PSU.

I would in short say it was a mistake but I don't know if it made it worse.

Good luck

No, I didn't have a PSU on it, I just had the engine running. Was that the mistake that made it worse?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts