Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the fuel pressure sensor on my 2012 BMW X5 xdrive35i 154,000K. I had to disconnect the battery (negative only) in order to change the part. Once I was done I reconnected the battery and now my front windows, blinkers, and side mirrors don’t function. Do I have to register the battery even though its not new or is there another solution?

Thank you in advance

·
What was that?
814 Posts
Did you take it for a drive? Anything change? Do you know if the FRM module has been replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,168 Posts
Please Help! Lighting System! Stop vehicle

What does this mean? Are you quoting some warning from the car's display?

I am going to guess you have an FRM issue. If you google this or search here, you will find:

1. They are prone to issues- will latch up or get corrupted
2. Sometimes can be reset
3. May require removal and service
4. BMW replaces them (doesnt service/reflash)
4. Was known issue by BMW, offered a 10 years 156k warranty (I think, might be 8/125? Dunno)

Edit: it is absolutely NOT a battery registration issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you take it for a drive? Anything change? Do you know if the FRM module has been replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took it for a drive and unfortunately nothing happened. The FRM has not been replaced. Do you think I blew it out when I disconnected the battery?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does this mean? Are you quoting some warning from the car's display?

I am going to guess you have an FRM issue. If you google this or search here, you will find:

1. They are prone to issues- will latch up or get corrupted
2. Sometimes can be reset
3. May require removal and service
4. BMW replaces them (doesnt service/reflash)
4. Was known issue by BMW, offered a 10 years 156k warranty (I think, might be 8/125? Dunno)

Edit: it is absolutely NOT a battery registration issue.

Yeah, the warning sign said "Lighting System! Stop vehicle"
I was afraid of that. Do these normally go out when disconnecting the battery?
How do you reset them?
If I had to buy one I would install it myself. The coding part is where I'm stuck.
I read the same thing 10 years 156K but I also saw 8/125. I will call the dealer tomorrow to confirm.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
FRM has flaked out. If you are over the 10 year warranty, the old FRM can be bench flashed. Its in the drivers side footwell. You will need to remove it and take it to someone who can do it. Here in Toronto, people are charging about $100 to do that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I'm still under the 10 year warranty. Lets see what the dealer has to say today.

Thank you

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news! I just called the dealer and it's still under warranty. 10 years 154K warranty.

Thank you all for your feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts