BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm about to cut a deal on a 2012 535 ix. I'm finding it hard to gather up all the discounts that may be available. So far, this is what I think I am entitled to. Am I wrong or have I missed anything:

Mission To Drive = $1000

Option Credit = $1730 (Nav)

BMW Finance Credit = $1000

Loyalty = $1000

Thanks for your help!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,447 Posts
Hi!

I'm about to cut a deal on a 2012 535 ix. I'm finding it hard to gather up all the discounts that may be available. So far, this is what I think I am entitled to. Am I wrong or have I missed anything:

Mission To Drive = $1000

Option Credit = $1730 (Nav)

BMW Finance Credit = $1000

Loyalty = $1000

Thanks for your help!
Mission to Drive is a BMW Finance Credit. Sounds redundant.

Most people go for the .0003 rate factor reduction as opposed to $1k for OLP.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the rate factor reduction. Can you please point me to some info?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,447 Posts
I don't know about the rate factor reduction. Can you please point me to some info?
Under the terms of OLP I, buyers (are supposed to have) a choice of either a rate factor reduction (.0003),
or the $1k finance/lease rebate (but not both).

Mission to Drive gives you the additional cash credit.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to seem so dense, but I don't even know what OLP stands for.

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Mission to Drive is a BMW Finance Credit. Sounds redundant.

Most people go for the .0003 rate factor reduction as opposed to $1k for OLP.
I ran it both ways and the $1k cap reduction is actually better for 36 month leases than the .0003 reduction. I always max out the SDs anyway.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,447 Posts
I ran it both ways and the $1k cap reduction is actually better for 36 month leases than the .0003 reduction. I always max out the SDs anyway.
I'm surprised so many Bimmerfest members still do the MSD program.

Back in the day you could do as many as 10 extra security deposits. And, better yet, the rate factor reduction for each
one was .0001 instead of only .00007. It was a good deal if you took full advantage, and did 10.

Nowdays, the only buyers who request MSDs seem to be Bimmerfest members.

Has anyone recently calculated the true ROI using 7 at .00007 for the average 3 Series?

Just curious. I suspect that any good investment should more than match the savings, but I am just wondering if anyone has
bothered to put a pencil to it?

:dunno:

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts

Back in the day you could do as many as 10 extra security deposits. And, better yet, the rate factor reduction for each
one was .0001 instead of only .00007. It was a good deal if you took full advantage, and did 10.

Nowdays, the only buyers who request MSDs seem to be Bimmerfest members.

Has anyone recently calculated the true ROI using 7 at .00007 for the average 3 Series?

Just curious. I suspect that any good investment should more than match the savings, but I am just wondering if anyone has
bothered to put a pencil to it?

:dunno:
The first time I did it was when it was .0001 as you say. It certainly was better but banks were paying a higher rate of interest also. For me, it definitely pays. I'm saving $33/month or $396/year on a $3250 no-risk investment. Thats a ROR of 12% annually. My savings account is only earning .75%. I will be getting a check from BMWFS in a few days for the $3500 I put down on the 09 328i I just turned in. Most people dont know about the program, unless they frequent BMW boards like this one. :)

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
I did not do them this time, but I did do MSD a few years back on my MZ4 and probably would have also done it on the MINI if I had not one a one-pay.

I am currently paying $558... re-running my lease with the 7 MSD, payment would drop to $510. So, figure $550 security deposit x 7 = $3,850 MSD. I'd save $576 per year ($48 x 12) which is a pretty good return.

I also could have put down a ~$250 cap cost reduction which would have gotten my payment with MSD under $500, which would reduce my MSD amount to $3500. That would have provided an even better return.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The first time I did it was when it was .0001 as you say. It certainly was better but banks were paying a higher rate of interest also. For me, it definitely pays. I'm saving $33/month or $396/year on a $3250 no-risk investment. Thats a ROR of 12% annually. My savings account is only earning .75%. I will be getting a check from BMWFS in a few days for the $3500 I put down on the 09 328i I just turned in. Most people dont know about the program, unless they frequent BMW boards like this one. :)
+1.

Agree that there is no better place to "park" your money. This is the equivalent to a 3 year CD (if a 3 year lease) with a return of 12+%. A yield that no one should pass up if you have cash to set aside.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,447 Posts
12% is certainly not too shabby.

:thumbup:

My current investments are doing better, and I can appreciate the "no-risk" aspect of MSDs.

Lord knows I could get my @$$ kicked with stocks if I don't manage them properly...

·
Registered
956 Posts
FYI... Some people are getting tripple loyalty offers. So, instead of $1,000 off, you can get a $3,000 for loyalty. You will need to take delivery by Jan 2nd, 2012.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI... Some people are getting tripple loyalty offers. So, instead of $1,000 off, you can get a $3,000 for loyalty. You will need to take delivery by Jan 2nd, 2012.
Where is that offer coming from? Corporate or the dealer? Have you seen it advertised anywhere?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I got mine straight from BMW Financial, via a printed card in the mail. I think you have to have a current lease that is expiring between 12/1/11 and 4/1/12.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sure... I'm flying home tomorrow and will do it then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts