Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 335I that recently decided to show me a "ENGINE MALFUNCTION - REDUCED POWER" and it definitely is reduced power....... I can floor it in 2nd gear and it takes 3-5 seconds just to get to 4000rpm. What should I do? because ive already taken it to my regular mechanic and he said he tried to clear the codes and such but it didn't work..... I don't really want to go to BMW due to the fact that I am not in the greatest position right now..... What should I do???? What could it be??????? PLEASE HELP!!!!! THX Liam

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Hi there, I have a 335I that recently decided to show me a "ENGINE MALFUNCTION - REDUCED POWER" and it definitely is reduced power....... I can floor it in 2nd gear and it takes 3-5 seconds just to get to 4000rpm. What should I do? because ive already taken it to my regular mechanic and he said he tried to clear the codes and such but it didn't work..... I don't really want to go to BMW due to the fact that I am not in the greatest position right now..... What should I do???? What could it be??????? PLEASE HELP!!!!! THX Liam

Well, what OBDII reader did regular mech use, and what were the codes?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lacking codes, one surefire limp-mode trigger is low coolant: If you have lost a hose/water-pump, E90+ will put you into hobble mode to keep from roasting the engine. Anyone can check your antifreeze; pop the cap and report the float's level. Thankfully, BMW didn't remove THAT human-check, as it did with dipsticks :(.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
There are some basic easy to fix issues that will usually cause that. But you will never know unless you get a BMW code reader or lived nearby me. You'll just be guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts