BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so let me just dive into my situation so i am purchasing a beautiful 2004 e65 i am in love with it and tho it is my first bmw i am a mechanic and am somewhat farmilar with the mechanical aspects of the vehicle but not the electrical now somebody cut a hoel into the wood trim under the ac controls and had an aftermarket headunit installed at one point i have not tried to work the i drive yet due to me not having it yet somebody had a crazy sound system in it aparently and had subs in the back and i am unsure if the speakers or amp were replaced now im fime with putting another aftermarket headunit in but it will be under dash mounted but my point here is is am i going to have any functionality of the i drive system (i.e. navigation, voice commands, etc.) if anyome has the time please give me every single bit of information on aftermarket head unit usage and using the i drive system with it if possible all of his wiring is still there please any informatiom at all will help im really desperate

·
Registered
55 Posts
Short answer is no. Without an ASK you won't have the integration. This model uses a very particular version of MOST. My advise. Get an ASK. If you want to hook up an after-market amp. Get a DSP AMP and connect it tot the rear shelf speaker leads in the trunk.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
sounds like a nightmare. Pretty sure to put the car right will cost more than your paying for the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if i have to use to aftermarket head unit idc uts whatever i just want to be able to still have the navigation as well as othet i drive perks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Got a pic? Curious what that a/m headunit set up look like but sorry you had to run into something like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wont let me add a pic if you are farmiliar with the wiring and could give me some advise email me PLEASE i really need the help and have a few question ............ [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can send all of the pics i have and what not if you could possibly email me i would greatky greatly appreciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts