BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2001 X5
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 x5 4.4i is acting up... sometimes when i drive it picks up perfectly when i step on the gas it moves quickk...and sometimes it feels kinda slow and weak. Any ideas?? maybe a part not functioning good or an update?? Thanks:dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
01 X5,
I am Having the same problem . ughhhh at first it was just there but now its starting to worry me.
Did u do anything about it . Did u fix it ?

·
2001 X5
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attempted the adaptive throttle reset but i still have the same issue...Werewolf is there any way i can test the CPS without taking it to a dealer?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,676 Posts
I attempted the adaptive throttle reset but i still have the same issue...Werewolf is there any way i can test the CPS without taking it to a dealer?
I can think of many, many things that might cause power to be reduced... I would not go chasing after diagnoses based on a post on the internet...

First course of business is to run a diagnostic scan from the DME- see if there are any codes, This forms the basis for a first pass guess. You integrate the reports from the DME with complaints/driveability... come up with 'what part must be bad to cause this code and this symptom'

Without a scanner to look for codes, you are pretty much sol.

A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts