BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 745 LI. The amp on it has gone so the stereo isnt working. The stealership wants about $2500 bucks for a new one so i decided to look around for a used one.

Currently the amp part# in the car is: 65126954397

i found a used amp part#: 65126929140

Are these 2 interchangeable?

Im looking for the cheapest alternative to get this stereo going again. Would an aftermarket amp even from alpine or any other stereo company work??? Does the current amp have a good history of being able to be fixed???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The amps on the 7 suck. If I were you id find a used one that still has all the channels working and install an aftermarket amp to handle the subs under the seats. Or get the piece to bypass the amp from the dealer and run after market amps for his and lows.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 745 LI. The amp on it has gone so the stereo isnt working. The stealership wants about $2500 bucks for a new one so i decided to look around for a used one.

Are these 2 interchangeable?

Im looking for the cheapest alternative to get this stereo going again. Would an aftermarket amp even from alpine or any other stereo company work??? Does the current amp have a good history of being able to be fixed???

Thanks in advance!
That amp is going for about 4-500 bucks now and you can install it yourself, look for a dealer in the US to ship it to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!! I PAID 650 PLUS tx came out to $688 for a new logic 7 amp from my dealership and another $300 bucks to install it.. works better then ever now;) i would never buy somthing like that used only bkuz you never really know if it works till you install it good luck dude!

·
Banned
3,059 Posts
I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!! I PAID 650 PLUS tx came out to $688 for a new logic 7 amp from my dealership and another $300 bucks to install it.. works better then ever now;) i would never buy somthing like that used only bkuz you never really know if it works till you install it good luck dude!
$300 for installation?? :yikes:

It's literally like a 20 minute job, even a 15 yr old girl can do it. Remove left panel, pull harness out of amp, place new amp, slide in, and plug harness in. Put side panel back and your'e done.

I'd do it free for you if you were in Toronto.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys!

does anyone know if these 2 are interchangeable?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea just buy u new amp, same thing happen to me a couple days ago put mine n in like 45mins ad paid 493+tax with a two warranty. Just order one from a Indy here n the states and go new dont do use with this amp cause their track isn't good so go brand new atleast u get a warranty. Good man

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts