BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cd unit is jammed and will not eject the disc in there. The iDrive will continually scroll through disc 1-20 and gives me the error "Invalid disc/read error" or something along those lines. Every once in a while it will start playing the disc fine, but when I press the eject button it starts a really fast clicking noise and starts the whole process over.

I *think* it's the cd unit I found in the attached file, but before I order one from Tishner I wanted to make sure I had picked out the correct part on their website. Is this part easy to replace?

*OR* if there is another alternative I can try I'm totally open to that too :dunno:

Thanks y'all!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would work on getting the disk out first before ordering a new cd player. Try to gently pry it out with a small screw driver while it's trying to eject, if you can see it. If not, go to a radio repair shop. They probably have a special tool that can reach it. This is a very common problem, cds failing to eject. It may not be ejecting because the cd is bad.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This was an occasional problem on my late, unlamented S4. I'd use almost any kind of shim -- butter knife, credit card -- to gently lift the front edge of the disc, and my lovely navigator's tweezers to pull the disc out. I concluded that Mr. Piech does not approve of 'home-burned' discs, as the problem was far more common with those than with record-company releases. In any case, it's much less expensive to remove the cd than to remove the changer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts