BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Last week brought my car to dealer for the light barrier recall fixed. Got it back and just today, doing the vacuum for the trunk, I notice the plastic screw nuts to secure the battery cover side and the other side all missing. The Tech guy who worked on my car did not put them back. I found one laid around in the corner and take a picture of it. is anyone know what part number for these screw nuts? I need to buy some
see the picture of the nut I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very quick reply. Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
Why not tell the dealer they screwed up and have them put a couple of them in an envelop and mail them to you?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just emailed my SA and tell him that. will see what he'll come up with.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks from me too!!
I had the same issue and the dealer was supposed to replace them but "lost" the order. SO.. I bought them from the parts dept and of course they didnt know which ones so they sold me the something else.
NOW armed with the correct number i can get the right ones.:thumbup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I went in for the recall. Before I left the dealership, I popped open the trunk to make sure everything looked good. I noticed that a plastic screw was missing and told the SA, who started to blow it off like it was no big deal. I told him it was there when I brought the car in...rather than go back in the shop or ask the tech about it, he rummaged through his desk and found some other plastic screw that fit. Of course it does the job, but it's different from the rest. I kinda regret not making more of a stink about it, but I just don't understand why people can't do their job right.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it happened to me few months ago, they picked up my car to service then I ask the SA to do the Satellite Radio coding and he wasn't sure that my car had preperation for it. He has a Tech check it out. They brought my car back and when I pop the trunk open ... al the panel trims , carpet, tools box pile up in the trunk. I told the valet guy to bring the car back to the shop and finish it ... it's so horrible and it's seem they don't give a F about warranty customer at all. But if you pay for it, the email, call you and do everything.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just noticed the same thing on my car over the weekend when I was putting some stuff in the trunk, one of the screw clips was missing. Haven't gotten back to the dealer to get him to fix it yet......

Got to wonder who they are hiring to do this kind of work for them.......:dunno:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had the TCU replaced and car was in the shop for almost two weeks. Long story. Paid over $1,300. The two plastic screws were not re-installed, but found loose in the trunk when I replaced all of my stuff that I had removed before dropping off the car. After having been on the phone daily with them for over two weeks I just let it go.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talked to new SA and I mentioned about the plastic push button screws were missing, he had a valet guy brought me a set of 4 brand new screws to my house. I may have to pick this guy as my SA from now on. :)

·
DIY'er
3,437 Posts
Talked to new SA and I mentioned about the plastic push button screws were missing, he had a valet guy brought me a set of 4 brand new screws to my house. I may have to pick this guy as my SA from now on. :)
I've never been to a dealership.. is that how it works? Like you can pick a specific SA that you want if you know a certain one does good work?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice. Sounds like a good SA to keep around.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never been to a dealership.. is that how it works? Like you can pick a specific SA that you want if you know a certain one does good work?
If you know someone there you can request that person to be your SA. In my case, I know the guy who was a Tech for that dealer for 6 yrs and he just open his own shop. I took my wife car there for service and talked to him and he introduced me his friend who is SA guy I told you last post. Very much if you know someone have connection then things go easier :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Glad to hear you got good service at last. Way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.