BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing this for a friend. I'm an E39 driver. He has a 2014 535 M Sport. Just got reamed by the dealer for repairing oil temp sensor wires (squirrel damage). When he got the car back after this very expensive repair this part was dangling on two very loose bolts. He'd like to know what it is before contacting the dealer. He's in Florida and I'm in Mexico, so I can't go take a look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow, Squirrel damage. I too had issues with my oil level sensor recently , took it to auto mechanic shop to replace sensor, after replacing and not working, they found out cables were eaten by rodents. I live in New York City, so likely they were rats that don't like BMWs :eek:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Squirrel damage. I too had issues with my oil level sensor recently , took it to auto mechanic shop to replace sensor, after replacing and not working, they found out cables were eaten by rodents. I live in New York City, so likely they were rats that don't like BMWs :eek:
Curious what you paid for the work. As I said, this i snot my car. I was amazed at the invoice. Dealer told my friend the intake manifold had to be removed to repair the harness. $850 dollars, most of it in labor charges. I'm glad I do most of my own wrenching.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Curious what you paid for the work. As I said, this i snot my car. I was amazed at the invoice. Dealer told my friend the intake manifold had to be removed to repair the harness. $850 dollars, most of it in labor charges. I'm glad I do most of my own wrenching.
Oh mine wasn't too high. it was a Indy shop specializing in BMW. i would say the labor was roughly about $300. the parts were about $250, and yes, they had to take out most of the engine/parts to get to the wires.
Maybe you can let them know someone did it for way less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts