BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a front collision repairs on my 2002 BMW 325I and I seem to have a problem that may or may not be related. My coolant light is on, I put an OBD II on it and it had a 0X22 code and said (34)Heating vent and air conditioning front load sensor short to ground >no DTC detected at the time. Don't know if that refers to a short circuit of the line or if its just the sensor. If so where is the sensor located? Now the A/C is also acting up and only blows cold air from the drivers side vent, the middle and the passenger side vents are blowing hot air, are these 2 issues related??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heres something to read while waiting for someone with more knowledge to chime in. First thread discusses cold air only coming out by driver. Second discusses final stage unit (not sure if this is your problem, but you should probably read it anyway.)

I do have one question that someone else will undoubtedly ask you anyway.... If the coolant light is on did you check the coolant level? If so, did you have enough coolant in the system?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453789&highlight=air+conditioning+working

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460943&highlight=air+conditioning+working

It doesn't seem to me that there is a (DTC) Diagnostic Trouble Code it seems to just be giving you a warning (check engine light isn't on). Chances are you will find that there isn't enough coolant in the system (possibly leaking) and that will take care of the coolant light. Then you are going to need to recharge the A/C as long as the system doesn't have a leak. If there is no leak in either the A/C or Coolant System then you should be done. Someone else will need to comment on the (34)Heating vent and air conditioning front load sensor short to ground issue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There is a pressure sensor close to the high pressure connection (just behind the radiator) number 13 in this diagram.
Check the wiring and connection.

I would also check the AUC connection and wiring on the passenger side of the radiator.

Both of those are in the area of your damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.