BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

The car is a 2002 330ci convertible with 70k miles that I***8217;ve had since new. For past few years it***8217;s been a summer only car and I put 3-5k miles a year on it.

Last year, my winter project was to replace the rear shocks as the rear was getting bouncy on bad expansion joints. Once I got the car out of storage it got new tires all around. In the middle of summer, I replaced the front lower control arms as well as the bushings (lolly pops) in order to take care of a jolt felt in the steering when braking. I then had the car aligned at a BMW independent and they also rebalanced the wheels because they didn***8217;t see any weights on them and felt the tire shop screwed up.

I thought life would be good and yes the rear was no longer bouncing and the jolt was indeed gone, but since then there is a slight vibration at highway speeds that I had not felt before. It was driving me nuts and spoiled the fun.

This winter I was going to do the front struts to pair with rear shocks from last year. I am also looking to replace any remaining front parts that might be causing that vibration. The rubber all looks fine, but at 17 years old, I figured it is all due for a refresh anyway.

Thoughts on my shopping list for the job and expected outcome after everything is replaced, aligned and balanced again. I want to make sure I***8217;m not missing anything that might halt the job or spoil the fun this summer. Appreciate the feedback.

IMG_9091.jpg IMG_9092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback. I called FCP and they said all was good although they said I had sport suspension rather than standard, which is weird since I thought the verts were standard suspension even with sport package. All these years in ignorant bliss....

I will be doing the job with a friend who has the spring compressor so I'm good on that. I'll add the pinch bolts.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
445 Posts
Another thing that could be your issue is you steering guibo.

Mine was causing a vibration on the highway until I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts